Fisher F70 First Time Out... WOW!

dadoftwogirls

Mar 15, 2010
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
After work tonight I took my brand new F70 to a field I had searched pretty thorough a couple times with another detector. The field is the site of an annual 3 day Greek fest carnival every year. It has been pretty good to me although there is lots of trash to get through along with the good stuff. Only coins to date but some nice change none the less. Not being familiar with the F70 I did a ground grab per the instructions and left the factory defaults. All I can say is WOW! It was like I had never searched this field before. I know that sounds cliche but it is completely true. I could not believe the stuff I was finding. The ground was pretty tough sod and recently rained upon so digging could take a little time between objects. In just under two hours I found two quarters, 8 dimes and five pennies including a 1958 wheat along with a beat up metallic cigarette case. I am cleaning the case to see if it might be silver of some type. There are also some initials on it. However, what really made me shoot through the roof was I hit upon and area where the F70 seemed to kind of jump around almost like it couldn't make up its mind what was there. Since I know there is LOTS of trash, and considering I had dug what seemed like a lot of trash out of the ground here, I can't really blame the detector. I once dug up a soda can at this site only to find a quarter underneath it. I figure when in doubt... dig! So that's what I did. After a few minutes I found a lump of what appeared to be metal or aluminum clumped with dirt. It even looked like jagged aluminum. I was about to put it in my trash heap when I tapped at it with my digger and more dirt fell off it. To my surprise it was a mans 14k white gold nugget ring! The nugget part had looked like mashed up foil lumped with dirt until I looked at it better. Am I ever glad I did. Coins only no longer at this site since it has given up gold. I know there has to be more jewelry there since there are lots of rides, a mini roller coaster, etc... Now I feel like I can find it. I'll post a picture of the ring after I clean it up a little bit.

All I can say is the F70 seems to be performer. I am looking forward to hitting our local beach early this weekend. It is spring break and I am sure there's lots to be found in the sand. I plan to do a full write up of my F70 impressions after I use it for a while.

Best to all.

Canman

Dec 6, 2009
Scottsboro AL
Detector(s) used
Omega8000, Silver Umax
U got it right out of the box .Leave it at factory presets and ground grab for a couple of hunts.Everybody wants to go out on there first hunt and start playing with the adjustments.It is just to BIG of a machine to start playing with right out of the gate.Next hunt leave everything at preset but the sens hold the end of the coil waste leave ,run the sens up till it chatters back it down just a bit.Now u will get just a taste of the power.O bump the tones to 3H in the parks and tot lots .That will make the coins sing to u .Good hunting too u. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread