Fisher F Point pinpointer

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save your money and buy a Garrett's , Stoop stroop has a good price on them , got one for $119 shipped a couple of weeks ago and very fast shipping , too .

Mac

OP
OP
jadeblackhawk

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
The sound that comes out of the garretts makes me grind my teeth. I see them all the time on youtube... unless you can turn that horrible noise off?

kurt-ks

Apr 13, 2010
south central Kansas
Detector(s) used
E-Trac,F75ltd,Explorer Se,G2
As far as F pointer,not very good!Mine would only get MAYBE an inch on a quarter,free gift when you buy a detector for a reason :) The pro-pointer is my favorite but as you said the buzz is terrible! I put a piece of foam over the speaker hole and small amount of black tape-quiet as a church mouse now :laughing7: HH

OP
OP
jadeblackhawk

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
I honestly don't understand why they (Garrett) don't allow you to adjust the volume on anything. Oh well, I plan on mostly field hunting this year, so a pinpointer isn't really necessary.

For $125, I'll spend a little more and get an inline probe whenever I get around to it. If I do. Eventually.

Can you tell I hate spending money?

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
The answer to your origional question is no. You can't turn off the speaker unless you go into it and remove it. It's not too loud anyways. Not like a Garrett. There are two pots inside that you can adjust to make it a little more sensitive. I got 1/2" more depth on a quarter with mine. The size and shape of the tip is this pinpointers best feature. It is not as good as the Garrett, but it is on par with the Whites, at least performance wise.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
To me the garrett Pro Pointer is the best .... The sound does not bother me .. I sort of like it.... Well i do like it.... The Pro Pointer is built like a tank i had the Whites but they kept breaking on me the off on switch......... But on the inline probes i never did like them................

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I LOVE the Garrett pro pointer!! Best one out for me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread