Fisher F75se, Minelab Excalibur, Minelab etrac, Tesoro sand shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez, anyone with that many detectors should not have to ask questions this simple. While the 1280 can be used on some beaches, the wet sand with varying amounts of salt and black sand affect its operation. It is also not the best detector to use in parks because of the weight and lack of pinpoint mode. Your CZ-20 would be a better choice for the beach and about any of the others for land. How about a pic of those detectors?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
Geez, anyone with that many detectors should not have to ask questions this simple. While the 1280 can be used on some beaches, the wet sand with varying amounts of salt and black sand affect its operation. It is also not the best detector to use in parks because of the weight and lack of pinpoint mode. Your CZ-20 would be a better choice for the beach and about any of the others for land. How about a pic of those detectors?
Right on Sandman .... I can add nothing to that .. :icon_thumright:

dave sharky

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to Scottso i,m in Philippines i found many things even it would not stop beeping in the black sand but i dug and found a silver spoon and don,t touch the ground keep it up a few inch,s the same in the water but it did work good gold rings silver braclet nice gold leave ear ring and many brass nails used for building there boats and many lead weights for there fishing nets good if you cast your own weights for fishing ha ha ha not the best one but works on land or in the Sulu sea I,m all ways watching for sharks i don,t want it to be my last time looking hope i helped i think keep looking good luck.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave gave good advice. I should have added that while the 1280 can work in saltwater, it is not your best use of your time. Like wise for land it will be heavy it being a water detector an lacking a good pinpoint.

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would not recommend it for the salt water.....mine was chattering so bad that I had to reduce the sensitivity and could not find anything deeper than around 5 inches!....I have a Sea Hunter and it goes a lot deeper!!....Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread