Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
LL...... I can't help you there i have not been to a salt water beach in 10 years.............

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worse, I don't know anyone that uses a Teknetics 8000 anywhere. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys!

Yeah thanks for coming on.. At least when you two come on there is no Baloney!

I got one of those pat answers on another forum, but that's not exactly what I want, I want to know if anybody has actually tried them on salt beaches. Monte has been sort of vague about it all but he did seem to indicate that the G2 had a little bit of an edge, for what it is worth. Have you guys been staying out of trouble? Maybe I should reword that a little, I KNOW that you Keppy have a tough time with all that, but I thought I'd ask anyway! :laughing7:

And SandMan how is that ole body holding up? Mine is getting a little cranky now, thinking about mounting two Whites 6000's on a self-propelled (riding) lawn mower and hitting the beaches at mach 1.

Larry

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
LuckyLarry said:
Hey guys!

Yeah thanks for coming on.. At least when you two come on there is no Baloney!

I got one of those pat answers on another forum, but that's not exactly what I want, I want to know if anybody has actually tried them on salt beaches. Monte has been sort of vague about it all but he did seem to indicate that the G2 had a little bit of an edge, for what it is worth. Have you guys been staying out of trouble? Maybe I should reword that a little, I KNOW that you Keppy have a tough time with all that, but I thought I'd ask anyway! :laughing7:

And SandMan how is that ole body holding up? Mine is getting a little cranky now, thinking about mounting two Whites 6000's on a self-propelled (riding) lawn mower and hitting the beaches at mach 1.

Larry
LL.... Yes i still get some here upset now & Then ... It must be a Knack i have...... "Knack" = natural ability

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works
I had a Omega, sold it to a hunting bud .
He has around twenty five years of hunting under his belt and loves it.
It does not run stable in wet salt . We are on the East coast MA / NH boardor .
I have a GB SE , the first one released .
When i got it , i took it and my CZ 70 to the beach for a little test run
Not having any small gold to test , I folded up a piece of foil.The CZ lost it at around 2 inches the GB around 4.
Put a Nickle at around 10 inches deep and it would hit with a soft repeatable ID
The CZ would bang on it and could most likely do a few more inches.
Being a singal freq machine it wount go as deep as the big boys but does a good job for what it is.
I talk to a guy on the Jersy shore that has the same results.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been better and these meds make me more crusty than normal. I blame them anyway for my lack or diplomacy.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GB Pro will balance to salt. Very capable machine on the beach.

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys, and good to know that you two fellow old guys (like me) are doing ok and still have lots of fight left in ya.

Gmanlight, excellent post. The east coast has some nasty beaches too, so that tells me a clear story. The GB Pro seems to be the way to go. I'm mostly I'm looking for something lightweight to back up my CZ-70, it's a BEAST on the salt beaches but the 10" coil is a bit too heavy for my taste.

Time for coffee. Ac couple of donuts :thumbsup:

Thanks again,

LL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread