F75 LTD manual ground balance

Soti

Sep 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

to introduce myself, my name is Marco and I live and search in Germany.

There is just one tiny question to those F75 LTD owners.

Regarding the manual GB, I was told that the f75´s display should show "pump coil to GB". And as far as I understand, this happens without using the fastgrab trigger. But when I switch via menu button to manual GB settings, there is nothing except the balance numbers. No "pump coil to GB". So when I use the trigger, "pump coil" appears. But this is just for discrimination mode, isn´t it?

So is there any difference between the f75 and f75 LTD or do I own a faulty device?

Thanks in advance and kind regards...

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey I got one turning up on Tuesday. Bought from a dealer on TN :) . I will try it and let you know what I get also.
Good luck out there

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I remember there is no difference in how to GB between the two detectors. GB is usually done in All Metal and then switching to disc.

OP
OP
S

Soti

Sep 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AW: F75 LTD manual ground balance

Hi,

thanks for your response. In disc-mode I use fastgrab and in all metal I was told to switch to manual gb and there, similar to fastgrab, the message "pump coil" should appear. Since it doesn't and my buddy's regular F75 shows that "pump-message", I think I catched a bad device.

Thanks a lot...Marco

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As far as I remember there is no difference in how to GB between the two detectors. GB is usually done in All Metal and then switching to disc.

Sandman is correct!

OP
OP
S

Soti

Sep 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OK, so I balance in all metal via fastgrab or do I simply adjust it by turning the knob till the sound doesn't "boing" anymore? This actually confuses me, since my dealer and his translated instructions tell me, to adjust via fastgrab in disc-mode.

And regarding the "pump-message" in manual-mode. He said, it just appears in mineralized soils.

Confused regards...Marco

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like your dealer was confused as well. LoL

go to all metal and fast grad you machine and pump coil. After a few pumps it will settle down as you raise and lower it. Bam, your done! You can manually gb it as well with knobs but fast grab works well!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart is right. Sometimes some detectors don't get the latest software and that might be why yours doesn't give you the message.

OP
OP
S

Soti

Sep 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi,

thank you for your answers.

Best regards

Marco

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In discrimination mode you push the trigger forward while pumping the coil a few inches over the soil. If you get a number display you are good to go. If the little "Can't GB" icon pops up try elsewhere or try manual GB.

To perform the Manual Ground Balancing operation, do the following: 1. Select the​
MANUAL G.B. function The legend G.B. SETTING appears. The present ground balance setting is displayed (0-99). The message PUMP COIL TO G.B. will appear. 2. Physically pump the searchcoil and detector up and down over the ground. Lift it about 6 inches above the ground and lower it to within 1 inch of the ground, about once or twice a second. 3. Turn the SETTINGS KNOB to adjust the setting.
The goal is to eliminate the sound as the coil is being pumped over the ground. In some soils, the sound is not completely eliminated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread