New CZ21 with a problem

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
I was really enjoying my new CZ21 when I started hearing a sound that was like trash all the time. I changed the 4 9v alkalines and
this made no difference. Nothing seemed to help return the machine to normal functions. I take very good care of my equipment
and I dont recall any issues that may have caused this problem. I'm calling Fisher Monday to return the machine for repair. I hope it isnt the 9v alkalines I got from a box store BJ's. I will ask monday if the new batteries can cause this freight train like noise.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you cleaned out the coil cover lately?

Make sure you aren't in battery test mode or have sens turned up to high.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
Hey Sandman, thanks for the info. Unfortunately when I called Fisher they said send it in. It might be a leak somewhere which makes that continuous sound like trash or a freight train.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Sandman, thanks for the info. Unfortunately when I called Fisher they said send it in. It might be a leak somewhere which makes that continuous sound like trash or a freight train.
I am glad you found the problem and are sending it in. Fisher is very good with there service departent now.

Burldrives

Sep 26, 2011
St Petersburg Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Steve please follow up on your repair from fisher , going to order one soon but a rash of stories of recent breakdowns has me concernd . I realize from being a long time boat owner and former scuba scuba instructor that anything that comes in contact with salt water has a potential for having problems. Manufacture support is so important. I will only hunt one or two days a week so having a backup is not an option for me . Thanks Burl

OP
OP
G

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
Burl, I'll post my experience with fisher. My friend Herbnsurf has 2cz21 out for repair so we will see how this turns out.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a CZ 20 back in the day and it was built like a TANK.
They are good machines so I hope it works out for you.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
You can tell what strength the batts are at by clicking into batt test mode. Sounds like you got a bad unit, the cz21 is a silent search machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread