Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sandman

Thread: Headphones/Earbuds for Gold Bug 2

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2013
    Idaho City
    White's Eagle II, Gold Bug 2, DetectorPro Uniprobe, XP Deus (love it!), Minelab ProFind.
    7 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Headphones/Earbuds for Gold Bug 2

I ordered a Gold Bug 2 from Big Boys Hobbies (thanks, Bart!) and it should be here soon.

I have a question about headphones, or in this case - earbuds. Does the volume control on the GB2 affect the headphone volume or do you have to have volume control on the headphones?

I have a set of Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 earbuds and wonder if they would work well as a metal detector 'headphone'.

They are excellent audiophile grade earbuds for music, and great at noise isolation, but can also be worn in a way so that I can still hear what's going on near me which is important hiking around here in the mountains of Idaho (bears, cougars, bigfoot ) Plus they would be cool when it's hot out. I'd like to use them if possible.

Any thoughts?

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1960 times
    I would suggest Detector Pro Rattler's from Big Boys Hobbies. Tell him Sandman sent you.
    http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/
    This is if you really need only one ear. I prefer the Black Widow's or Grey Ghost myself for the better quality hearing.
    Last edited by Sandman; Oct 18, 2013 at 08:20 PM.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

Oct 2013
    Idaho City
    White's Eagle II, Gold Bug 2, DetectorPro Uniprobe, XP Deus (love it!), Minelab ProFind.
    7 times
    Other than the volume control on metal detector headphones, what is the difference between them and headphones or earbuds made for music?

Since the goldbug2 has a volume control, I was hoping to be able to use some high quality earbuds that I already have instead of buying another set of headphones.

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1960 times
    These headphones produce higher quality sound than any tiny earbuds which are made for music. Its your choice of hearing a nugget or not. If you could visit a dealer you could test the differences yourself with you ear buds and the different headphones. The Detector Pro headphones are sweet and they are very comfortable on you head as they are super cushioned to fit around the ears and not on them.

You can ask Bart about them too at http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/ Tell him Sandman sent you.
    Last edited by Sandman; Oct 19, 2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    ingram4868 likes this.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

Oct 2013
    Idaho City
    7 times
    I am getting a DetectorPro Uniprobe - I figure it would be a good set of headphones, and the probe would make sense to have.

Sponsors