cz 70pro question?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet..JPG Serial numbers have no difference in operation. They only indicate the run in production. Your statement is like saying one color car is faster than another color as all are made to specs.

Last edited:

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine is 11 years old and it does as well as a new CZ3D..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you still get coils for the cz 70 and can you still get repairs on them ?

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to quote another forum for this answer since there might be some difference between serials...:
"Roger was very nice to deal with...I have wondered on occasion where he is at this point in time. Here in Northern Ohio, we have deep, black, loamy soil I guess you might call it for the most part at old sites. The Coin$trike appears to go rather deep in this stuff. Is this the type of dirt you're referring to? I can almost predict the performance of a CZ-70 from it's serial number-the "hottest" from the factory I have found from all the different serial series start with 112. The earlier 102's usually like no more sensitivity than 4 before the ID starts to bounce and false more whereas the 112's allow a sensivity of 6 without the bouncing and a couple of more inches of depth versus a sensitivity of 4 unless they were factory re-tuned in my experience. The last CZ-70's produced in my opinion were pretty tame and somewhat sloppy in finishing on the control box. The 102 have the nicest fit and finishing of the control box whereas the 112's seem to have the faceplate peel in the lower corner by the headphone jack...the later serials often had crooked faceplate with some gapping around the sides in the front...just my observations over the years and opinions. The 3D's appear to be much more variable to me in their tuning from the factory. Some seem to be too sensitive, others have a smeared not sharp ID/sound at depth, some airtest rather poorly from right out of the box?..but in general the build quality appears to be consistently good. "

Hope this helps

lem49

Mar 25, 2010
Repuplic of Panama
Detector(s) used
fisher cz7a pro, Tesoro Vaquero, whites coinmaster GT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you still get coils for the cz 70 and can you still get repairs on them ?

Yes you can get coils for it, recently had mine checked out by Fisher, got a new coil, and some minor rework, however, Fisher is running low on parts for it and that was about six months ago. I noticed on some dealers the five inch coil is also available

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes you can get coils for it, recently had mine checked out by Fisher, got a new coil, and some minor rework, however, Fisher is running low on parts for it and that was about six months ago. I noticed on some dealers the five inch coil is also available
That's good to hear...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread