Relic Hunting

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw this searching for you, try calling them I guess and I'll keep looking.

Troy Custom Detectors - Shadow Research Center

contact Troy Custom Detectors first by calling our toll-free number at 1-877-437-4345

And call Fisher to get the final answer to see where you stand...
1-800-685-5050

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dug

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tesoro made them for Troy...not Fisher.

What had me looking at Fisher is the logo on the back of the housing that says "Assembled with Fisher traditional quality" The word Fisher is logo'd exactly like the Fisher research labs logo. Figured they would have copyright issues if they did not have some connection with Fisher.

OP
OP
Dug

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Saw this searching for you, try calling them I guess and I'll keep looking.

Troy Custom Detectors - Shadow Research Center

contact Troy Custom Detectors first by calling our toll-free number at 1-877-437-4345

And call Fisher to get the final answer to see where you stand...
1-800-685-5050

I'll try the numbers tomorrow during the day, thanks Steve. I believe I tried the Troy number before a few months ago and never got an answer.

ArtWIS

Apr 22, 2007
Central Wisconsin
I have an X5 and have some questions regarding updates etc. Although there is a Troy web site up and emails to them don't bounce back I assume that they are a dead deal since I don't get a response. Anyone know if Fisher will support the X5?

I have one of the first X5s and Troy had me send it to him for a minor update not long after I had it. If you have one of the first batch it should have a white piece of paper in the battery compartment if it was updated and not taken out by the owner. I gave my X5 with all four coils to my son yesterday so I cannot see what it said but I hunted with Troy several times after the update and my X5 was just as hot as Troys!

ArtWI

OP
OP
Dug

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have one of the first X5s and Troy had me send it to him for a minor update not long after I had it. If you have one of the first batch it should have a white piece of paper in the battery compartment if it was updated and not taken out by the owner. I gave my X5 with all four coils to my son yesterday so I cannot see what it said but I hunted with Troy several times after the update and my X5 was just as hot as Troys!

ArtWI

This is sort of what started me on my proverbial snipe hunt. I was hoping to determine the definition of batches updated. IE what starting serial number came from the factory with the update incorporated. I have a unit that has a 1039 serial number. This is an older unit since it has a threshold button on the underside of the housing. No update label in the battery compartment, but as you pointed out it could have been removed by the previous owner or come out during a battery change. I noticed when I rec'd my unit that there was wear on the foam pad on the compartment door as well as the battery fitting loosely in the compartment. I corrected the battery situation but gently stretching out the battery contacts as they had been slightly compressed thought time and battery changes.

As I understand it, this update made a noticeable increase in performance with iron, therefore my quest to determine if the change had been made to my model, and if not whether it was still possible to find someone to make that change. I will be making a call to Fisher today to see if I can get pointed in the right direction on my swamp draining project.

Thanks for your time and input.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread