Fisher F-75 display panel broke off handle.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is crazy. I store my machines in my basement in an area set up for them to rest against the wall on carpet. My diggers,leeches,pin pointers and all my gear hangs right beside them. Getting ready for a hunt in the morning and was going to check the battery level. Turned the machine on and looked and the head was just flopping of the handle. It seems the whole thing is attached by a little piece of plastic and is broken reveling a single wire out of the handle to the control display.
It has not been bumped or dropped and no one goes in the basement but me. This really ticks me off looking at it and how poorly made the connection is.
I will shoot some pictures of the break. This machine is like brand new.
I guess the Garrett and Tesoro will be hunting this summer. I have no idea what kinda time frame it will be to get it fixed. I might even see if I can find a better way to attach the control box to the handle. Little tiny pice of plastic use to hold it all together.
Has anyone else ever experienced this or did I maybe get a lemon?
Thoughts?

cadman20

Aug 4, 2010
Hmmm, do you have children, grandchildren? If you do there is your culprit...lol

When my kids were little, all kinds of stuff got broken with no way to explain it. After they moved out, nothing seems to get broken for no reason now...

OK, teasing done now.

I have only had my F75se a month or so, but one thing I have noticed, when swapping coils, the display head wants to twist from side to side. Doesn't seem very solid. I can see how it could break easily.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put many hours on my F75 ltd till it finally needed sent in to First Texas. Everything was loose by the time. What I got back was lighter. I have accidentally dinged the head with my PP a few times and it seems very secure. Anytime you deal with plastic in the construction you take a chance it is weak in one spot. I would give fisher a call, they are very quick about fixing things once you get it in the mail. I get to hunt with some of the guys there at Fisher and seen their work. You will want it checked out just in case a space peanut hit your F75 hard enough to knock the head off it. My F75 has spoiled me and I just would not hunt without it. Good Luck.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any luck yet either gluing the head on & or calling fisher ?

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I called them and they were very polite and courteous. They gave me a return number and I sent it in for them to look at. I have been busy with work and imagine they will contact me when they get the machine. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks everyone.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put many hours on my F75 ltd till it finally needed sent in to First Texas. Everything was loose by the time. What I got back was lighter. I have accidentally dinged the head with my PP a few times and it seems very secure. Anytime you deal with plastic in the construction you take a chance it is weak in one spot. I would give fisher a call, they are very quick about fixing things once you get it in the mail. I get to hunt with some of the guys there at Fisher and seen their work. You will want it checked out just in case a space peanut hit your F75 hard enough to knock the head off it. My F75 has spoiled me and I just would not hunt without it. Good Luck.

I am the first to admit if I break something as I work with tools for a living. I do not have kids or gremlins,lol. Space peanut is possible :tongue3:

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any luck yet either gluing the head on & or calling fisher ?

Got it back today. Fisher took good care of me. They were polite and easy to deal with. Dug some deep iron and a mangled enfield bullet!
Thanks Fisher in El Paso!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome to hear, they stand by there equipment & take care of us. Glad u got it back & already putting it great use its by far probly the deepest machine I've used

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher is a great product! I still have my F2. I upgraded to an ATP. But for late this year still I want to have an F75!

Doctor of digology

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2014
Got it back today. Fisher took good care of me. They were polite and easy to deal with. Dug some deep iron and a mangled enfield bullet! Thanks Fisher in El Paso!
Hey everybody. Been following your comments. I bought a new F75 LTD about 5 months ago. I keep it in my shed on the floor. The other day I tripped going into the shed and went flying, subsequently landing on my Fisher. I Looked down and was sick. I snapped the screen right off the post. I thought "there goes $1200 bucks". I contemplated taking it apart and trying to fix it but called Fisher instead. Talk about an awesome experience with a company. They issued me a return ticket. I fed exed it to Texas and had it back in a week completely fixed like new and they didn't even charge me. I even told them exactly what happened to it. I'm sold on this company. I have been using the little 5 inch coil lately and cannot tell you how much good stuff I've been finding. It sorts through junk as if it had X-ray eyes. Thanks for all your posts.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to give kudos to 4 companies. Fisher, Tesoro, DetectorPro and Detector Electronics (XP DEUS) Fisher, Tesoro & DetectorPro, I had some used machines I wanted them to checkout also fix some minor problems. They went thru them, fixed all the problems and returned them VERY fast. (In fact, I had sent Tesoro a Tejon without a scuff plate. they sent it back with a new one.) with minimal charges. (Less that what I imagined.) My personal XP DEUS, when I would turn on the controller, the screen went blank on me. (I knew what button to push to select "no speaker".) The rest of the screens worked perfect. I sent this into Detector Electronics and I had one back in a week, no charge/warrantee. I found all 4 easy to work with. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread