Sent the F75 SE in for the upgrade today before time ran out

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad I waited. Hopefully all the bugs are worked out by now.

Has anyone compared the FA mode in both DST mode and DST off mode?

I've heard the DST mode slows things down a bit in all modes, which seems to be at odds with the purpose of the FA mode. It's a shallow mode as it is so I'm wondering if that mode should be used exclusively with DST off for best results.

Anyways, I'm glad I did it. If the 2 feet of snow on the ground ever decides to melt then I can quit looking for buried treasure under my living room floor :tongue3:.

Been detecting since the 80's and have had quite a few different brands but I think the f75se is one of the more versatile machines out there. Seems to do a good job with most types of hunting (excluding water of course). This new upgrade should make this machine even more versatile.

I'll give my opinions on it when I get it back for what it's worth.

What I've read so far from other posters have been a big help in me making my decision, so thanks to all of you. The internet is a wonderful thing.

HH
John

Quake

Mar 1, 2010
MD
Detector(s) used
Current: Xp Deus, Equinox 600

Detectors used: Whites XLT, Fisher F75, Minelab Se Pro, Makro racer 2, T2 LTD DST,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wouldn't happen to know once that upgrade offer ran out im guessing that's the FREE upgrade, Could i still get the non FREE upgrade ?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Certainly wasn't free. Mine cost $309 for a 2007 unit. The opportunity to upgrade older F-75's runs out in March 1st. After that it is probably like other units and other manufacturers. It is what it is until you sell or trade it.

We have received some excellent feedback from many delighted customers in regards to their recent upgraded units. We plan on offering this upgrade service through March 1st of 2015.

Contact Fisher Labs

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works
I think the Free upgrade was for new units . less than a year old.
Some say the DST is always on. 9.0 or 9.1 Mode , one approximately 80% the other 100%

Sent mine yesterday. :thumbsup:

Quake

Mar 1, 2010
MD
Detector(s) used
Current: Xp Deus, Equinox 600

Detectors used: Whites XLT, Fisher F75, Minelab Se Pro, Makro racer 2, T2 LTD DST,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called fisher Upgrades run out March 1st, Bah

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes an independent source test the new units and confirmed the 9.0 is 80% and 9.1 100% DTS.
Also said the updated units loose a few percentage of depth but are 200% better for ease of use due to reduction of noise

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just got the detector back with the 2-15 version. Looks like they replaced a few things like the handle, toggle switch, faceplate and the arm cuff. Didn't have time to test it since they dropped it off at my work. Hopefully everything's good and I'll post either way what I think about it.
HH
John

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now you're in my boat - waiting for 'ol man winter to die, die, die!

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you're in my boat - waiting for 'ol man winter to die, die, die!
I hear you. He's a tough old SOB. Just dumped 5 more inches on us last night.

HH
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread