Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F75 LTD has a 11" DD and 5" DD as standard coils. The coil choices depend on how trashy a site is, how much mineralization, and how deep you want to dig. the 15" Coil is for covering large areas with less trash. The coils are like tools in a toolbox, pick the right one for the job that you want it to do. The F75 is a very capable detector.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have over 60 hours on my F75LTD SE and yet to switch from the stock DD. I do have the small stock coil, and might put it on if I am in a trashy site. Most of the time I dig the trash at a trashy site so I can be sure it's not masking any goodies that is if it's a promising site. Thought about getting a large coil to hunt plowed fields. I did find a field that had a fair held on it back in the 1860's. It's been split into 3 separate properties now. Already got a no from one owner. I think I'd have to by a harness if wanted to swing a 15 coil for any extended time. The detector is 3.5 lbs and I am still getting used to the additional weight. The F4 I swung last season only weighed 2.9 lbs and I could swing it all day. It's amazing the .6 lbs can make.

You might install each of them and do some air testing on each so you are familiar with their capabilities.

Good Luck, as the previous post stated, these are tools. Select the right tool for the right job.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like fishing lures - the best coil is the one that suits the conditions and "game" you are after. If there was one best size or type then detectors wouldn't have optional coils.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Owning all three of the fisher coils you mentioned I will add there is not much to gain by a 15 inch coil, except you will cover more ground, The 11" inch coil is my goto coil for most situations. The Small coil is for doing a small trashy area, around a lot of bushes or if I want to hike in somewhere. I also have found extra depth can only be gotten if you set the machine up properly and have good soil conditions. Swing speed changes with the mode your using and I am assuming you have little experience with the F75. I have a routine that produces for me. Do what has worked for you in the past and stick with it. I will be watching your reply on the Neil coils as I have not had a reason to buy one as my Fisher coils do the job. Again try burying a coin on site to get a good feel for how your different modes work and at what depths. Then your first good deep target repeat the test to see if your getting good tone. You will see tone get better or worse depending on the mode and settings. Running sensitivy at 99 which can be done now may produce a coil overload and cancel out a good signal. Not all signals of course but I am not comfortable with the sensitivity set over 80. While FA mode works in iron infested areas, I still like JE mode when I can run it. BP mode is great for checking targets if you getting a iffy signal, but not a mode I hunt in unless Im in a very clean area. That 15 inch coil is just as deadly as the 5 inch coil. But does throw the balance of the machine off, Sure looks impressive though when your buddys hunting with a smaller coil lol. Let throw one more thing at ya. If you dont hunt this spot regularly then your not going to have a base to which to gauge targets and depth. You would need to hunt several times to get a better feel for which coil does best. DE mode is the fastest mode, JE mode is the sensitive, BP mode is the deepest, FA mode requires a slow coil swing.....ect. Target and soil condition will change so there is no one answer to your question. I hope this helps you.

OP
OP
lawman0210

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank u for all the replies. Been hitting it hard the last few days. Lots of clad. A junk ring but nothing wonderful yet

Juice in the hole

Mar 22, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the 11" coil to scan the fields until I find the honey hole and the 5" once I've found it. The 5" does fairly well down to 8" depth with excellent separation. MUCH deeper when the soil is wet. I find if I start with the 5" and then switch to the 11", the weight is more noticeable then if I start the other way around.

I don't have a desire for any other coils besides these two, but I'm speaking from a base of ignorance on how well the others might improve performance. If you already have these other coils, give 'em a spin and see what you think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread