Fisher F2

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I started with an F2 and would recommend it. However, for the extra money, I would strongly suggest getting the F44.

TwistedT

Nov 15, 2014
Westmoreland County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher F5,
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is an affordable, easy to learn, fun detector to use. It takes no time at all to learn how to use it,
and once you get used to the VDI and tones you will find more and more treasures.

You can use it to find relics, jewelry, coins. And let me tell you it is a coin killer.
It will find you as much as some high end detectors. I have found coins
to about 7-8"deep and some bigger things much deeper.

With 3 different stock coils available (4" 8" and 10") at a very reasonable price you will be able to detect anything.

All in all it is a very reliable, affordable and fun detector to use.

OP
OP
C

Cbiskit31

Jan 1, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks buddy! It's hard picking one as you probably know lol. Thanks for the good info!

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would suggest the F22, or F44 for sure.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started with the F2 and loved it, Fiancee uses it now with a nel sharpshooter coil. I would also suggest the f44 though for the difference. Good luck

foodbeerwomen

Apr 7, 2015
williamsport pa.
Detector(s) used
f2 for local parks,whites v3i,mxt,garrett 2500 with treasure hound eagle eye 2 box deep seeker and at max and t2. looking to sell some of my detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first detector I ever used when I started. for coins and jewelry and ease of learning,id swear by it.i bought a whites mxt as first machine and new nothing about detecting,didnt understand it and couldn't work it.after couple of tries got disgusted.went out bought f2 and in no time stared to understand how they work.when I got good with the f2 [other than depth] I could find and identify coins as good as or better better then most high end machines with the 8 in. coil.the pinpointing was great.that was 15 years ago.my friend has it now,along with a couple of mid range machines and he will swear by it after 1 short season of using it.his other machines sit in the closet gathering dust.if your coin shooting or hunting jewlery in parks you can keep up with any high end machine except for depth.the depth in plenty for parks. I pulled quarters at 7in many times.if you want to go inexspesive youll never find anything near that good.i have a whites v3i [1399.00 new] and my friend with his f2 keeps up with it,and at times gets more coins then me because its much lighter and he don't have to stop and rest near as often as me.at 200'00 you cant get a machine to compare to it.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you do end up getting the f2 then get the 11"DD coil package over the sniper coil with pin pointer package. The 11" DD makes it a crazy better machine. I got literally hundreds of coins that's are over a hundred year old with one. The f44 looks great but got no DD coil for them yet I don't think.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with K1 get the DD coil combo, or get a DD coil for it. Mine works great with NEL Sharpshooter coil. You will no doubt up grade, but not knowing the other detector sets your looking at, "Yes" the F2 is great!
I would recommend any detector that has a ground balance feature or a ground grab feature over the F2 in all honesty. But the DD coil will take an edge off of some soil problems that deal with ground balance issues, this is why the DD coil works so well with it. Good Luck!!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I liked my F2. Kept it for quite awhile. But when FTP took the Greek (Fratbros) into detectors like the BH LRP, BH QDP, F22, F44, I let the F2 go. For about the same price you get a deeper detector with a better array of coil choices and features with the Fratbros over the F2/F4 offering.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread