Fisher F22

jsternad0477

May 8, 2011
Miami
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was looking to pick up one of the Fisher F22 Detectors from Kellyco and wondered if anyone on the Forum has had the opportunity to use one. Originally I was looking at getting the Garret ACE250, but was told the Fisher would be the better detector for the money.... Only detectors that I have ever owned in the past were Bounty Hunter. I plan on just using it in the dry sand at South Beach since I've done a little research and the parks in Miami-Dade County have a "no metal detector" stance..... Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet. Looks like a good choice. I've been using the 250 for three years and, while no complaints, the rainproof feature of the f22 would have saved my ___ last November when I accidentally left my 250 outside in a downpour. OOPS.

OP
OP
jsternad0477

jsternad0477

May 8, 2011
Miami
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Kenstein! I was just thinking that as in Florida rain just happens and I could see myself getting caught in it.......

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the F44 and love it.

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
A regular plastic sandwich bag (cheapest ones) stretches perfectly around the unit. I used mine in all weather conditions, never an issue.

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ace250 is a nice little detector but very slow recovery. Definitely go Fisher

Last edited:

Tulkas

Mar 3, 2016
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought an F22. I have no experience detecting, but it is intuitive to use with a lot of nice features. I have found many things so far (2 days) and really like it. I have used it in the rain with no problems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread