15" Teknetics T2 Coil No Go on F75 LTD2 (DST)

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to send my recently upgraded Tek T2 machine back to First Texas for repairs due to an LCD screen failure so I thought I would try the 15" T2 coil that I received as part of the upgrade package on the F75 since they are both 13khz machines. I was met with a deafening silence. I know the coil was functional on the T2 even after I tried it on the F75, so the coil is not bad. I know the T2 does not like concentric coils, but I thought, though not optimal from a performance standpoint, you could swap DD coils between the T2 and F75. Apparently not. I decided not to press my luck and did not fiddle with it anymore. Anyone have success using the T2 15" or any othe T2 coil on the F75? (BTW - the F75 performed just fine with the stock and accessory coils after my "experiment").

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This from the guy who designed the detectors - Dave Johnson

The T2 transmitter circuit is designed specifically for driving a DD, and it'd be very difficult to make a concentric to run on it. Don't expect it to ever happen.

The F75 has a completely different transmitter circuit that doesn't care whether a searchcoil is concentric or DD, but in any case the searchcoil has to be wired to work on the F75.

The T2 searchcoil is wired specifically for the T2 transmitter circuit and is completely incompatible with the F75, and vice versa.

Google Dave Johnson T2 coil to find the original post on another forum.

OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I knew it wouldn't be optimal but I thought I would get some sort of signal out of it since both detectors were compatible with DD coils. Others have posted that they have been able get some DD coils to work on both detectors. Dave's statement that they would be "completely incompatible" is pretty unequivocal and is consistent with my one data point. I guess.

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked Woof once if you could swap coils between the t2 and F75 because if that would've worked you could use a sunray probe. He said it won't work at all.

OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I relearned an old lesson, but no harm done, wanted to see what would happen. Also, great info on the Sunray probe, I was wondering about that one too. Based on other posted information it was implied you could swap one way but not the other - i.e, put a Fisher F75 coil on a T2, but not the other way around - the Sunray info pretty much puts that rumor to bed. Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions