I Bought Fisher CZ 70 Pro Today

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They work great on the beach too!

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your CZ-70 buy, it should serve you well. I have the new CZ-3D and I like the heck out of it, guess it's the nostalgia of the metered machine.

Texas ED

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got to use it out in the field and it did really well and I've been doing some testing with it out in my yard on different targets. I laid out some nails and a dime on the ground close together and tested to see what readings and tones that I got from my Omega, F75 and CZ 70 Pro. Both the Omega and F75 didn't give the correct VDI number or audio tone on the dime. The CZ 70 Pro gave the correct ID in both the audio tone and VDI.

I also found that using the CZ volume control of '4' works best with my Killer B Wasp headphone. With that setting I get good audio modulation and no noticeable depth lose on a buried silver dime.

So far I've been able to get really stable operation from the detector using maximum sensitivity (10), except for once and I had to reduce the sensitivity to '9'. There's no noticeable lose of depth until I decrease the sensitivity below '6', so it should do well at high EMI sites.

Going over the same search area with different detectors and search coils could be productive.

tabman

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CZ's get max depth at 7 sens. Anything above that and they like to iron false a lot

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on your new toy! I love that you are a detector collector like myself!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the cz-5 and cz-3D ok but I did not get along with cz-70 pro. I preferred the knobs vs the bubble buttons of the 70

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd like to hear experiences with the CZ 70 Pro on salt water beaches. It looks like this is the best detector for my use. I was going for a CZ 21 but I plan to never submerge it. It looks like they are essentially the same technology (dual-freq VLF) but the 70 is only splash proof. Correct? The salt water beaches I want to hunt have a lot of black sand. Thoughts?

Reliability issues? I'll be out of the US and returning it is not really an option.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Top, I can't help you with the salt water use of the CZ 70. Maybe someone else will chime in.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread