May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I saw this posted in another forum, ordered it, and its awesome. Totally worth $16. I just installed and tested it yesterday. I assume the guy is using a 3D printer or something similar to make them. I had tried to make my own several years back but it never worked out and I thought this was worth giving a try. Does anyone know who this guy is that is making these? I wonder if fisher will start to make a version?

Fisher CZ 20 CZ 21 Metal Detector Straight Shaft Mounting Bracket and Grip Cap | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[h=2]Based in China, happychoice2009 has been an eBay member since Jun 01, 2009[/h]tabman

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
[h=2]Based in China, happychoice2009 has been an eBay member since Jun 01, 2009[/h]tabman

Guy that sold this is from FL - floridakitesurfer.

I just got out and used this today. Felt good. Definitely easier to swing for a longer period of time.

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
How would you compare this to using a chest harness or belt mount?

Better and worse.

Better - I find mounting annoying so I just swung it as is. So compared to the standard setup this is much better. I would guess I could go many hours to all day whereas before my arm was done after about 1.5 hours. Keep in mind I have only been out once with this setup but it was noticeably more comfortable

Worse - chest and belt mounts take the weight off 100% so you can't really compare the two. If you dont like mounting the unit then this is worth the try as it was $16.

I didn't go in the water today so I am speaking from beach hunting not water

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waist mounting causes shorts in cables from the constant flexing of the cables..

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Waist mounting causes shorts in cables from the constant flexing of the cables..

True unless the cable is designed to withstand flexing. I have not had a problem with it and I have read how other long term users of the hip mount have not had problems. Fisher advises to leave sufficient slack so as not to stress the connectors. ( I'm sure there has been a number of people who have also made your claim, I just don't see it as an absolute.) It's all good. Not sure I could get use to the under shaft arrangement with my controls upside down and out of view.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might not see it but I am speaking from fact.....It is simply a word to the wise.....

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know if this is the same type of mount for the CZ6a too? If so that would be an awesome fix!!! I'm on my second one and after all these years I've had it, that is it's weak link. I actually have the thing zip tied to the mount and shaft right now.:laughing7:

I know the shafts are different, but that looks like it would work if it's the right width.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Does anyone know if this is the same type of mount for the CZ6a too? If so that would be an awesome fix!!! I'm on my second one and after all these years I've had it, that is it's weak link. I actually have the thing zip tied to the mount and shaft right now.:laughing7:

I know the shafts are different, but that looks like it would work if it's the right width.

Send an email to fisher and ask them if parts of the CZ21 will work on that model or what the sizes are. Even if it doesnt fit you can always PM the dude on ebay and see if he can make one in that size. Depending how he makes them it might be a quick fix to make a custom sized one. It really looks like he used a 3D printer, which would make it an easy fix. I dont get why fisher doesn't just make this mount. Its weird that they let companies like anderson make products for their products. Seems like a market they miss out on.

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Update: Got out for 2 hrs yesterday and my arm was not tired at all. Usually in a 1 hr session I had switched hands several times, yesterday I didn't feel the need to switch at all. So thus far this seems like a huge improvement to the design.

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for this post just order one for my 1280x.

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Thanks for this post just order one for my 1280x.

Its definitely worth it. Made a big difference on the CZ21. It even looks nicer.

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine in today. It makes a big difference. I like the feel of it.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
It is 3d printed. For shaft mounting underneath, its okay as it lowers the cog significantly, it becomes not so "top heavy". The original setup is not bad actually, but the cz20/21 is just plain heavy. I always hip mount, and the flexing can and will cause coil cord fatigue failures at the strain relief on the brain box. This problem can be eliminated by fabbing a "super" strain relief like mine. I post pics soon.

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always hip mount, and the flexing can and will cause coil cord fatigue failures at the strain relief on the brain box. This problem can be eliminated by fabbing a "super" strain relief like mine. I post pics soon.

I'll look forward to those photos. I don't have my CZ21 yet. But plan to get one next month and use the chest harness. I was thinking that extra strain relief on the coil cable would be a good idea.

OP
OP
A

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
I'll look forward to those photos. I don't have my CZ21 yet. But plan to get one next month and use the chest harness. I was thinking that extra strain relief on the coil cable would be a good idea.

I would try to use it on the handle first. Taking it on/off the mount becomes a pain after a while and will strain the cables over time. I have been using this mount posted in this thread for several weeks now and cant say enough good things about it. You really dont notice the weight at all.

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would try to use it on the handle first. Taking it on/off the mount becomes a pain after a while and will strain the cables over time. I have been using this mount posted in this thread for several weeks now and cant say enough good things about it. You really dont notice the weight at all.

How does this affect being able to reach the pinpoint button and the switch between all metal and discriminate?

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy that sold this is from FL - floridakitesurfer.

I just got out and used this today. Felt good. Definitely easier to swing for a longer period of time.

Put mine on today. Definitely less anti-inflammatories required after 2 hours same arm. Bloody thing really needs a trolley.

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does this affect being able to reach the pinpoint button and the switch between all metal and discriminate?

First time out with Cuff mount as pictured above. Took me an hour or so to get used to it. But I hunt in pinpoint with discrimination on 0 so I just reach over with left hand to press pinpoint button to check if it's iron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread