Treasure coast Fl.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236-x2, fisher cz3d and cz 20, tesoro golden sabre II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
All kinds of theories out there, New designs coming, closing out this model, etc, etc.
Many dealers have this available now, and like most advise giving the right a dealer a call might surprise you on an even more discounted price.
The truth is nobody really knows the thinking behind this and the similar deal on the T2 classic that aren't on the inside at FTP.

I can tell you my theory..
Coming from a retail background it could be that the bulk of the F series flagship units along with the T2's are usually sold in the LTD, SE top of the line configurations that have all the whistles and bells.
I have noticed by monitoring most forums and sections relating to the F series detectors, (because I have one myself and I am always looking for tips and techniques or to share any I know), that many come on board stating they just got one or are asking about opinions on getting one.
Add them all up over time and the bulk of them are mostly talking about the fully featured units, not the basic model now being sold in these promotions.
Some still have the original versions from the old days, some refer to a deal they are looking at used on the basic model but new...most of the time it is going to be the LTD they are referring to.
This is especially true for the more experienced hunters that made a decision to upgrade and know and fully understand what those extra features are and to what degree they might be advantageous to them.
For those asking about the standard model, newbies or whoever, look at how many other owners come on and recommend saving up more and just going for the top line boost units which is a very popular feature.
In this hobby for many they believe using the top of the mark tools just makes sense to have the best shot at success...more features, more treasure.
Plus, for those that can afford to spend the still pretty good amount of money on the basic model a few hundred more for the big guys is not really a big stretch if you think about it that way.
This is one hobby that can pay for itself pretty easily after all.

Maybe the factory warehouse is a bit overloaded on the basic models, some larger stocking dealers might be also, and this could just be a stocking level adjustment in an effort to reflect actual sales numbers on these different models.
Nobody likes or has any advantages if your stock is unbalanced...especially on the higher priced products.
In business discounting slow moving products to sell them fast and free up money already invested and just sitting there for other more logical places to spend it is pretty common thinking.

I think they had that promotion on the T2 and it worked so well they decided to do it on the F75 too and a few other units soon also from what I am reading.

In this industry most manufacturers seem to keep info to themselves till they are ready to make a move whether that would be about new products about to be released or existing models about to be discontinued so like the X Files show always used to say..."The truth is out there"...but we customers are usually not in the loop.
If or when a major announcement is made we will know something.
Till then it is all speculation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
eddiecurrent

eddiecurrent

Dec 25, 2015
Treasure coast Fl.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236-x2, fisher cz3d and cz 20, tesoro golden sabre II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input guys.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The lower price is the one with only 4 modes....

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is to get rid of old stock the original model.
It is still a fine Detector thou so if you need one go for it.

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just how big is the difference between the standard and ltd. For example does the ltd still have emi issues? Main difference i can see is the boost mode and emi shielding.?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No EMI issues with the F75SE/LTD

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
This special version also comes with DST and shielding.
NOT your father's original F75.

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so basically DONT buy the special "gold" 85 year anniversarry standard model? I am considering upgrading from the F5 but it has given me SO MUCH bang for my buck that I cant find another detector thats such good value. I like Fishers.
Everyone is talking about the Nokta relic but at 1.8kg it sounds like a brick. Would prefer the F75. I thought the generation 5 circuit board cured the EMI issues? Why would FTP knowingly sell noisy F75s?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told by a non-TNET vendor that these models come with brand new dates/codes/serial numbers from 2016....they are brand new off the line according to this dude.

Just like the T2 classic at $499 is brand new with modern manufactured dates....I.E. not overstock.

Grain of salt as always....

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so basically DONT buy the special "gold" 85 year anniversarry standard model? I am considering upgrading from the F5 but it has given me SO MUCH bang for my buck that I cant find another detector thats such good value. I like Fishers.
Everyone is talking about the Nokta relic but at 1.8kg it sounds like a brick. Would prefer the F75. I thought the generation 5 circuit board cured the EMI issues? Why would FTP knowingly sell noisy F75s?

Snorks, these are new units with shielding to reduce EMI. It's a fantastic deal for the cost.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snorks, these are new units with shielding to reduce EMI. It's a fantastic deal for the cost.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales Rental | Treasure Hunting | Metal Detecting Stuff

Is there anyone who can clarify EXACTLY what the difference is between the standard F75 and the F75ltd and the F75 SE?

The LTD is black or camo in colour with boost mode (basically for going over long grass from what I understand) and cache mode (with a slow recovery rate)
And ploughed field mode.

The standard 75on sale has the emi shielding so is it just the colour and the three extra modes?

Thanks

I normally run all metal so can I expect the same depth and performance just minus the colour choice and three modes?

Do you guy run boost or ploughed field or cache?

Thanks
Simon

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boost will give you up to 3" of increased depth depending on your soil. It's designed to work well in heavy stubble. The LTD adds the boost and cache modes plus you get an additional 5" DD coil with the LTD. Black rods are LTD, gold rod are standard. SE has been used off and on with both versions, so if buying used, be sure it has boost if you want that option.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales Rental | Treasure Hunting | Metal Detecting Stuff

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they should have gone back and done the chatter fix on every F-75 instead of charging for it and calling it an upgrade when it was really a fix.
My humble opinion.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they should have gone back and done the chatter fix on every F-75 instead of charging for it and calling it an upgrade when it was really a fix.
My humble opinion.

Seeing as how White's is taking just as much flak for free...perhaps Fisher was wise for making some $$ on it. (Sarcasm of course...I totally agree with you)

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The original F75's weren't broken. The chatter was the result of extreme power.

after years of product development, they are quieter - although some say not as hot.

If they did like car companies and changed models,every year, there would not be an issue - nobody demands that their 2011 Camray be upgraded to a 2016 for free, just because the 2016's are quieter, het better mileage, etc.

just my opinion, of course.

Last edited:

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one today, slightly used. This is what I learned after a lot of research as well as trial and error. There are basically 4 F-75s. 1 is the original gold without Boost, Cache, FA, DST etc. 2 is the first LTD in camo or black with boost and cache but no FA, DST etc. 3 is the new gold one that is commonly sold now for $599.95 and has DST, FA etc but no Boost and Cache (this includes original gold ones that have been "updated.") 4. Is the LTD 2 which includes all features (boost, Cache, FA, DST etc. This includes original black and camo models that have been upgraded) and that one is very pricey. I've been reading a lot about the Fisher Labs conference where they announced and outlined a new series of detectors one or more of which were supposed to see shelves this year. They are all supposed to be stepping stones to some ultimate smart detector. As a tech geek I'm very interested to see what they come up with when they do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread