Whats a good carrying bag for a fisher F75?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't use a Fisher, but my wife made me a bunch of fleece detector bags for transporting and storage. They keep your detector safer in the car, and dust free when stored. I've got 'em in 4 or 5 colors and patterns.

image.jpeg

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I have a nice Fisher bag now that I won in a contest so the price was right.
Before that I found a bag used for carrying skis down at my local thrift shop.
Padded, thick, even had a pocket or two for some accessories.
Best thing about it was the cost...$5.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just starting out and I'm looking for a bag for the Fisher F-75. Will a cheap $20.00 bag do?
Any recommendation on a carrying case?
Is it good to carry accessories in the bag or better in a back pack?

Thanks

Welcome from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

You don't need a carry bag! It's a waste of money. No one uses a bag except new guys and Numb-nutz. Spend your money on stuff you need. When you start finding gold and silver, then you can sell it and start wasting a few dollars on "cool" stuff.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
?..No one uses a bag except new guys and Numb-nutz. Spend your money on stuff you need. When you start finding gold and silver, then you can sell it and start wasting a few dollars on "cool" stuff.

I'm pretty new and my wife still keeps my nutz numb. I like my fleece bags 'cause it's harder to see a detector in the car, and I usually have a couple bumping together when I go anywhere with 'em. My son usually takes his, and sometimes my daughter brings one as well. Could have as many as four or more loaded in the car, sometimes along with camping stuff, a shovel or two, etc. Nice to have a little extra padding on the detectors. The bag has a draw string, so takes just a couple seconds to slip out of. They're made from WallyWorld $2.50 blankets and each blanket makes two bags. Takes wifey 10min. to cut and sew. Who doesn't like a little extra protection..?

Numb-nutz.... :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, OK, if you want to bag it up, God Bless! Myself? Don't need another dirty, muddy, piece of stuff to wash. :skullflag:

OP
OP
O

osity

Aug 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Numb Nutz!

Hilarious!

Those fleece bags your wife makes are really nice! I also want them to hide/conceal the detector in the car when we're on the road and stop at a restaurant or to walk around and sightsee etc.
It takes someone 10 seconds to smash a window in a car and take a very expensive detector! Maybe a bag will help... maybe I should also lock the thing to the seat of my car with a cable!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hike in a lot of places as I use my detector for things most folks wouldnt think of. Some guys just go only where they can drive up to. Those guys dont need no bag, just the rest of us nummers that actually walk.

I was inching around a ledge one day when my ankle gave out. My F75 not in a bag goes flying over the edge a good 30 feet before it landed in a bush. It looked like it had been run over. But the ol F75 still worked. I now use covers on everything. I still have the cracked coil cover on the ol F75 and it is a reminder of how close I come to loosing it. sometimes I have to crawl over rocks or go up a tight trail to get to the spot. The extra long back pack is very comfortable and holds a lot. If you plan on walking any distance I would say spend a few extra bucks.

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i must be numb to cause i have bags for all my detectors....but just recently i found a really great bag (Believe it is a oversized duffle bag) at goodwill,almost new with lock and keys for $3.99.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys do crack me up! :laughing7:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as bags go I have 2 Whites bags that are large enough to hold 2-3 coils with lowers and huge storage pockets. They are much batter than Garretts, fishers and Teknetics ime.
Honestly though I never use them except if I go out of town and want to be able to grab one handle and carry everything in a hotel.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two bags. One is for detectors and one is for prospecting. I keep a few small emergency items and all my must haves in them. All I have to do is load water bottles and go. My detectors only get broke down if Im walking in. The bags go with and I never worry about having a back up or change of situation to deal with. Maybe we can get terry a golf cart for the trailer park? But seriously I have considered a dolly, you know the one that holds the 5 gallon bucket.

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could see a long backpack on some occasions. I like to ride my mountain bike into some spots. But I've never seen the point in carry bags when going on hunts. It's not any easier or any more portable than just simply carrying the machine.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree that a bag is pretty much useless as far as for my needs. BUT...I do need the ability to travel (In vehicle) and keep what I spent a lot of money on safe from bouncing around and damaging anything. I store my machine (Soon to be machines) out in the open in the house (Like to look at them) LOL but travel in my custom case.

I picked this up from a friend that fly's RC helicopters and added/modified the foam. Holds detector, shafts, coils, batteries, earbuds, etc, all in one case to fit your needs. I only have to break down my F70 in half so setup take down is quick.

f70 case.jpg

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can totally get it in that circumstance. And I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes to admire my machines. I have them out on display too, although the only one I'm very proud of at the moment is my F-75. The F70/75 is one of the best looking machines out there. Although I love the performance of the whole fisher lineup, the rest of the field leaves a lot to be desired in the aesthetics department lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread