Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first night at hotel - a couple we saw walking around the beach and bar - my girlfriend keeps saying they look familiar- finally
at night we sit at the beach bar and grab some conch fritters and this couple comes over and sits just down from us
and once again my GF says "She really looks familiar" so I told her go ask them if they are from up our way. She does and they are from NY - but never came around to our neck of the woods. Well they are friendly and we ended up hanging with them thru out our
stay down there - we had a rental so we offered to take them with us to a few spots so they would not have to pay for a cab.
They saw me in the water hunting and we told them its my hobby and its what I do I vacations and back home. They ask the usual questions - "Do you ever find anything good" " Whats the best thing you've found" etc. The guys wife says "Oh I bought him a detector but he hasn't really used it yet" I figure she got him a Radio shack or beginner Bounty hunter model. They are trying to remember the brand and I throw out the more popular ones - Garrett, Minelab, Whites, and then say Fisher and she says "That's it...its a Fisher" and I asked if they knew what model and she says "It's good on land and water I think" and I ask "Is it a CZ21?" They both say yes.
I tell them that's exactly what Im using. So we talk some more about this and then talk about other things. The next night my gal brings her tablet down and I have her pull up the Fisher Labs home page
http://www.fisherlab.com/wtn-2014/
and turn to page Im on (pg39) and she says that its the catalog
she ordered from and she saw me and remembers Casper ( I was wearing a Casper shirt at the time too) - and she saw the jewelry I found and its reason why she got that machine for him
tongue3.gif

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no mathematician or anything...but I am guessing the odds of that meeting and that conversation are fairly astronomical. Hell of a story man...good stuff.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear Casper shirts all the time - especially detecting in the water --and was wearing one at that meeting but they did not recognized me first from it
now if you are an avid hunter and have visited Fishers site or were at a dealer that had that catalog - there are hard copies out there - and saw my page and then saw me on the beach some
where hunting - that would be more plausible id think
Ive had hunters over the yrs recognized me from forums - especially on my trips to Fla.

I'm no mathematician or anything...but I am guessing the odds of that meeting and that conversation are fairly astronomical. Hell of a story man...good stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread