New f75 and a couple questions - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: New f75 and a couple questions

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    17270 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by John4John4cam View Post
    Sorry, I missed this post. Yes, a few I about threw my digger over the hill. Just felt like I was digging for nothing. Today I went down about 10 inches, and hit what looked like a big piece of coil stock aluminum. The indian was deep. Under some tree roots and close to a tree. Most things I dug had iron in the hole with it. The large cent rang a steady 82, I pinpointed and it read 6 inches deep. I thought for sure it would be my first silver quarter. Got a pleasant surprise. I gotta go back. Had a nice hit and ran into more roots. Might go over with my mini sledge, and chisel. Got a feeling that's another indian. I'm getting better at knowing a small target vs a larger one.
    Indian Heads will ring in with a Target ID of 45 to 48 depending on your soil. They are in the zinc range.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

us
    May 2011
    3006 times
    I usually hit Indians a little higher in the low to mid 50's...larger can slaw range, up to true zincoln range at sometimes the low 60's in good soil.
    Indian heads like nickels can sometimes just act weird.
    Also I have hit a couple of three ringers at that same exact range.

In that iron infested site in good soil I found one and here in my bad soil with the red clay and extra iron I have found several IH's and most were at the 5-6" depth level and all came in at the high 80's to low 90's.
    That up-averaging effect at work.
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Currently hunting with an F70, and a Mojave.
    Annnnd now an Equinox 800

Charter Member

Feb 2017
    Pa
    4213 times
    Metal Detecting
    I remember passing on a couple upper 40's, low 50's signals. Sounded tight too. Was in de for a little bit, je, and fa too. Disc was at 4, and sens. At 70ish. Got overhead power close by. I'm still trying to figure out a digable target hunting this way. I dug up lots of iron this morning and a few clad coins.
    Loco-Digger likes this.

Charter Member

Feb 2017
    Pa
    4213 times
    Metal Detecting
    One thing I know that is sub par, and cheesy to me is the battery box, and door. My F75 will just shut off while I'm digging a target and I have to mess with the batteries/door to get it to come back on. Think they could have done something a little heavier duty there.
    Loco-Digger and bottlebum like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    17270 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by John4John4cam View Post
    One thing I know that is sub par, and cheesy to me is the battery box, and door. My F75 will just shut off while I'm digging a target and I have to mess with the batteries/door to get it to come back on. Think they could have done something a little heavier duty there.
    I have never had the problem you are describing and I've swung the F75 for well over 2 years. Are the battery removal straps laid in correctly?

Charter Member

Feb 2017
    Pa
    4213 times
    Metal Detecting
    I do believe so.

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    13055 times
    Metal Detecting
    I've been swinging mine since 2007 and have no problem with the batteries. Always push the batteries into tray down towards the negative contact spring. If you push them straight in you can bend the spring over and they may not fully seat. That's true for anything that uses AAA or AA batteries.
    Loco-Digger likes this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Charter Member

Feb 2017
    Pa
    4213 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    I've been swinging mine since 2007 and have no problem with the batteries. Always push the batteries into tray down towards the negative contact spring. If you push them straight in you can bend the spring over and they may not fully seat. That's true for anything that uses AAA or AA batteries.
    I for sure put them in right. just checked the straps Loco. All good there. I mean, it's not a huge issue, just something I noticed. For their top of the line machine I would just think it was made a little more stout is all.

Charter Member

Feb 2017
    Pa
    4213 times
    Metal Detecting
    Dug an 1899 barber, and 8 wheats today. Some silver costume jewelry, a cheap ring, and about 2 bucks in clad. The barber was about 6 inches deep. Was under some roots. Was stuck at 82 on vdi. When I hit those roots I knew it was gonna be something good. Every fisher I've used is spot on with quarters.
    Loco-Digger likes this.

Charter Member

Feb 2017
    Pa
    4213 times
    Metal Detecting
    Today while hunting. I think 2 times when I got down to look for a target I retrieved it, then got up and realized my machine shut off. When I opened the battery door, it turned back on. I noticed the tits on the pos. battery side seem short. They are rechargeables that I got with the detector. Think it could be some of the problem there.

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    17270 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Throw 4 AA batteries in and see if that solves the issue.
    HighVDI likes this.

us
    May 2011
    3006 times
    All batteries are not the same size.
    You would think they should be but the manufactures don't always make them to an industry standard...if there is such a thing.

In my F2 I used several brands of 9volts and most fit but there were a couple of brands that were a little too big...couldn't force them in if I wanted to.
    Surprising, but I just threw those in my Propointer instead.
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Currently hunting with an F70, and a Mojave.
    Annnnd now an Equinox 800

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    13055 times
    Metal Detecting
    Note that Alkaline batteries are 1.5V and NiMH or NiCad are 1.375V and within a day or three self discharge to 1.2v

You might get WAY less useful time with rechargeables.
    Last edited by Charlie P. (NY); Feb 21, 2017 at 08:44 PM.
    Loco-Digger likes this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    May 2013
    Arkansas
    Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
    405 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Cant beat 4 alkaline AA at DollarTree for a buck....

Charter Member

Feb 2017
    Pa
    4213 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    Note that Alkaline batteries are 1.5V and NiMH or NiCad are 1.375V and within a day or three self discharge to 1.2v

You might get WAY less useful time with rechargeables.
    I did read this somewhere. Maybe that's why they recommend to not use batteries past 50 percent life?

Quote Originally Posted by steve1357 View Post
    Cant beat 4 alkaline AA at DollarTree for a buck....
    Haha, I got me a bunch of harbor frieght AA's in my drawer I'll have to try.
    Loco-Digger likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links