Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MACHINE ARE MADE FOR DIRT TESTING NOT AIR TESTING - NONE OF THE 12 MACHINES I HAVE ...HAVE EVER HAD ANY DEPTH ON AIR TESTING - USUALLY HALF AS SENSITIVE
MY FISHERS PICK UP RINGS AND COINS AT 2 FT IN ALL METAL - IVE GOTTEN MINIE BALLS AT 2 FT ALSO
FELIX IS THE BEST OUT THERE - IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM - CALL HIM BACK - HE WILL DO YOU RIGHT

OP
OP
J

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Firs bro caps off :) , i test it out at the park i only could got targets less than 4-6 inches no more, targets id at 8 inches were on 4 inches depth, same coil same box it was pulling coins at 11 inches or more, this units dont overload at 4 inches with a coin it was a paint to mark me quaters over loaded at that depth and trying to pinpoint them, the thing is that i told felix like 10 times that this unit was my precious :(

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A coin at two FEET?

OP
OP
J

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2 feet?

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the weekend. On Monday call Fisher and calmly explain your problem. They might want you tonsend them a link to the video.

Is that your old coil orvdid you get a new one from them?

OP
OP
J

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
round, they told me to buy one but mine was working just fine very very nice, ive benn told that they ask everybody to get a new coil :(

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Told by who exactly? - you seem to be pretty free with the "I heard that....."

Call Monday. And by the way, you already said that your old coil was suspect, maybe it is in fact defective.

Be calm, give folks a chance to help you and lay off the suspicion and accusation and your path will be smoother.

Just a suggestion of course.

and just curious, how much did they charge to fix your meter, replace your broken component and calibrate the detector, and of course ship it back at their expense?

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Previous owner, i dont doubt his word, he warned me before sending my unit to fisher, 129

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope this previous owner didn't charge you much for this detector with a dodgy coil, broken meter and bad control knob. How much did Fisher charge you for the repair?

OP
OP
J

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Responded last msg, no he didnt the coil was working great before shipping

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry if I missed it in an earlier respomse, but I went back and checked... how much did Fisher charge you for meter repair, control replacement, calibration of the control unit (i'm not clear if you sent your coil in) and shipping?

as I recall, your earlier issue was about how bad it was of them to refuse to give you a repair estimate for a detector with several disclosed problems - sight unseen. This for a detector which might be as much as 25 years old. Try getting your 25 year old TV fixed.

seriously man, calm down, let the folks in El Paso sort this out - no need to assume bad faith or incompetence.

It's Sunday, be at peace, call Monday and talk it over.

OP
OP
J

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im sad man, not mad, i really like purchase things from teknetics but i wasnt wrong about having doubts about sending my unit to fix, i edited that thread because i didnt want to go the other way ;)

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO - CAPS ARE ON - IM NOT YELLING - I WORK AT A FEDERAL BUILDING AND EVERY THING IS DONE IN CAPS FOR MY JOB - (WHEN I USE CAPS - IM AT WORK - WHEN I DONT - IM AT HOME)
DID YOU CALL FELIX BACK YET? - IVE KNOWN HIM FOR LIKE 15 YRS AND HE HAS ALWAYS TRIED TO CORRECT ANY PROBLEMS
OR MISTAKES - IVE SENT A LOT OF PEOPLE TO HIM AND ALL HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT GOOD RELATIONS WITH HIM
SORRY THAT YOU HAD A BAD ONE - SO FAR

Firs bro caps off :) , i test it out at the park i only could got targets less than 4-6 inches no more, targets id at 8 inches were on 4 inches depth, same coil same box it was pulling coins at 11 inches or more, this units dont overload at 4 inches with a coin it was a paint to mark me quaters over loaded at that depth and trying to pinpoint them, the thing is that i told felix like 10 times that this unit was my precious :(

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES COINS AND RINGS AT 2 FT - USING CZ21s IN ALL METAL SENSITIVITY CRANKED AND SWINGING SLOW
PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN THEIR MACHINES TO THEIR MAX - USUALLY SLOWING DOWN WILL GIVE YOU MORE DEPTH
USING DISCRIMINATION - YOU WILL LOSE DEPTH
A coin at two FEET?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I TOOK IT OUT ON A RELIC HUNT FEW YRS AGO - THIS IS CLOSE TO 2 FT - RING TAIL SHARPS CIVIL WAR MINIE

THIS IS A 3 RINGER - EASILY 2 FT DOWN - OTHERS WITH HIGH END LAND MACHINES WENT OVER THESE TARGETS - MOST GOT NOTHING - A
FEW SAID THEY GOT GHOSTS - ITS THERE - ITS NOT - ITS THERE - ITS NOT

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...AND FELIX WORKED ON THIS MACHINE FOR ME IN THE PAST

OP
OP
J

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im getting a new coil today gonna do new tests like the tech sugest me to do that way ill know if the coil is falsing or the unit, either way ill have to send the unit back on W/ the coils and results that way they will have better idea of whats the problem

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
22126.gif

SteveOrygun

Apr 15, 2017
Orygunistan
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Born 4/17..
Fisher CZ3d W/Nasa Tom tune!
Whites V3i.... WOW!!😎
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WELL CASPER, IM GOING TO NAME DROP WHEN I CALL FISHER ABOUT MY 3d. Its 3 bad coils, I SUSPECT 2 Are jUnk. OR a loose WIRE iN tHE bOx.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread