verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I remember correctly! It was in that ball park. Solid sound, solid lock.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I've been hitting a local park for a few hours here and there. I'm getting good at knowing what a pull tab sounds like in EVERY configuration, i.e., beaver tale ripped off, beaver tale rolled up, beaver tale attached and folded INSIDE the ring. 2 pull tabs with the beaver tale folded inside each other and my favorite is the person that linked 4 pull tabs together.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been hitting a local park for a few hours here and there. I'm getting good at knowing what a pull tab sounds like in EVERY configuration, i.e., beaver tale ripped off, beaver tale rolled up, beaver tale attached and folded INSIDE the ring. 2 pull tabs with the beaver tale folded inside each other and my favorite is the person that linked 4 pull tabs together.

If you pay attention to those foil/tab signals......the squeaky signals are usually just that. Nickels have a milder, tighter sound I noticed.... usually

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger27,

Is that the coil you recommend for all around hunting for the f70/75 platforms? Seems like great reviews about the NEL stuff.

Not to beat a dead horse here but to keep the motivation up for all. This was about 10 ft from the 5 centavos coin I found yesterday. Went out this am and was pretty much digging anything above iron and then got a somewhat faint signal but it was solid audio, and vdi of 76 give or take a couple numbers. Popped a plug over and went over it with the f75 and a loud, squeaky 72, 72 both ways. Took a chunk off the bottom of the plug and this was sitting there. Broke a silver drought too!
1914 barber dime.

View attachment 1492273

Love this thread. Just to clarify, do you think AM is deeper (are your finds on the periphery of the F75s ability?) or is it better at unmasking? I havent used AM much and Im looking forward to exploring it. I had hundreds and hundreds of hours on a F5 which was very much "working through the noise" .... but I felt exhausted after many hours. The F75 is much quieter than the F5, and deeper. The latest platform of the F75 is super stable. Maybe thats why Fisher havent introduced a new flagship model in the last 9 years.... its a hard act to follow!
Its still very much the benchmark in balance and comfort . As stated earlier, battery life is awsome .

Chub

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love this thread. Just to clarify, do you think AM is deeper (are your finds on the periphery of the F75s ability?) or is it better at unmasking? I havent used AM much and Im looking forward to exploring it. I had hundreds and hundreds of hours on a F5 which was very much "working through the noise" .... but I felt exhausted after many hours. The F75 is much quieter than the F5, and deeper. The latest platform of the F75 is super stable. Maybe thats why Fisher havent introduced a new flagship model in the last 9 years.... its a hard act to follow!
Its still very much the benchmark in balance and comfort . As stated earlier, battery life is awsome .

Chub
My favorite mode of hunting this far has been Sens 40-80, disc 4, de process and 4H tones. Second is 6 disc and 1 tone. I've not used AM that much.

It is really easy to over power the machine.

The park I'm hunting was established in the late 60s. And everybody and there Mom has been through there with a detector. There is still tons of trash. I think people get bored of digging pull tabs. I've found a number of clad coins among all those tabs, 2 were nickels and they locked solid. Now the thing about this park is that nothing is that deep. And the soil is a gray clay mix. I've tried lowering the Sens to clean up the sounds so to speak and to eliminate falsing.

So. In a 50 year old park there's bound to be jewelry. I just haven't found it yet. It takes time using the 5" Fisher coilb and at timesv the noise is overwhelming.

The more time I spend, the better I'm getting at hearing and seeing the differences in the targets.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Chub

I always hear people talking about how much deeper the AM is but the truth is, my expierience with the f75 is more about how the AM seems to "see" signals not seen in disc.

Some air testing I've done in the past showed me a 1" difference on a clad quarter.....and very similar results with a clad dime. The irony of it all is that a couple of my deepest targets were found in disc. I did find a deep piece of silver in AM though....could be more sensitive to silver than disc? Time will tell. If I find a deep target in all metal I'll switch over to disc to see if it grabs it. So far every one has.

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F 75 LTD SE, Nel tornado coil, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my f75 for about 10 months and i am somewhat comfortable with it, i got it new with a NEL tornado coil which never really comes off unless trash permitting i will use the small or stock one . It goes deep with any coil honestly you just have to set it and get used to what changes do to your hunt, recently i started using am when im in the fields to pick up any faint deep signals. If there is uneven ground or stubble i usually don't use am, i use 3 or dp and use bp disc 4 or 5 and sens around 45 to 60 thresh just above silent .The deepest coin i have ever pulled a 1858 flying eagle came from about 15" deep using am in the farm next to an old 1800s farmhouse being blocked by a nail at around 4 " , the signal was jumping from low iron to high 72 and i probably wouldn't have gotten the penny without the nail there. once the nail was gone it was steady 72 all directions. I trust the sound and vdi in am as much as i do in disc. Heres the Hole and my shovel and the penny laying out in front.
IMG_3301.JPG
IMG_3303.JPG

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had my f75 for about 10 months and i am somewhat comfortable with it, i got it new with a NEL tornado coil which never really comes off unless trash permitting i will use the small or stock one . It goes deep with any coil honestly you just have to set it and get used to what changes do to your hunt, recently i started using am when im in the fields to pick up any faint deep signals. If there is uneven ground or stubble i usually don't use am, i use 3 or dp and use bp disc 4 or 5 and sens around 45 to 60 thresh just above silent .The deepest coin i have ever pulled a 1858 flying eagle came from about 15" deep using am in the farm next to an old 1800s farmhouse being blocked by a nail at around 4 " , the signal was jumping from low iron to high 72 and i probably wouldn't have gotten the penny without the nail there. once the nail was gone it was steady 72 all directions. I trust the sound and vdi in am as much as i do in disc. Heres the Hole and my shovel and the penny laying out in front.
View attachment 1504197
View attachment 1504198

Gotta love that up averaging feature! Nice save!

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1504197
View attachment 1504198
I have a tornado on my BH Platinum and it is an amazing coil on that machine.

Awesome find!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread