Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured I'd ask here since I'll probably get an answer quicker here, while I'm searching the net.

I have a CZ6a that I believ was last Calibrated in the late 90's. I've drug this thing all over, it's sat in hot trunks and cabs of trucks to the point that the mount on the shaft actually melted years ago. I zip tied and kept going.

Who Calibrates these now? Does it have to be sent to the factory? I love this thing and I'm not interested in a new detector since I've gotten so use to it over the years , we are one!!:laughing7:

I know electronics fade over the years and I'm sure heat doesn't help. Where or who do I send this too? What are my options? I'd even do it myself if there is some kind of info out there. I have a scope and other equipment, I'm just fairly new to using lt and would have no idea what to do, unless I read something on the machine. Or had some kind of measuring(test) points and guide.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never mind!!! I came back to check the thread and realized some of my questions are answered in the sticky at the top of the forum....I completely overlooked that when I posted this thread.:occasion14: Asking questions that have the answers right in front of my face. haha

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
I figured I'd ask here since I'll probably get an answer quicker here, while I'm searching the net.

I have a CZ6a that I believ was last Calibrated in the late 90's. I've drug this thing all over, it's sat in hot trunks and cabs of trucks to the point that the mount on the shaft actually melted years ago. I zip tied and kept going.

Who Calibrates these now? Does it have to be sent to the factory? I love this thing and I'm not interested in a new detector since I've gotten so use to it over the years , we are one!!:laughing7:

I know electronics fade over the years and I'm sure heat doesn't help. Where or who do I send this too? What are my options? I'd even do it myself if there is some kind of info out there. I have a scope and other equipment, I'm just fairly new to using lt and would have no idea what to do, unless I read something on the machine. Or had some kind of measuring(test) points and guide.

Don't ever leave a detector in a car or truck whats a matter for you

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both mine live in the trunk of my car..Has not seemed to harm them, at least that I can tell...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread