fisher f22

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I hunted with the previous version of this detector, the F2, and had a blast plus found several thousand dollars worth of clad, coins and silver and gold jewelry.
It looks like this one has all of the same abilities plus a few more features on top.
Lots of detectors out there nowadays and I am sure you will get all kinds of advice about buying many including many that might tell you to save up more and get a more advanced tool for more money.
It looks like you have some hours under your belt but this could still be a blast to use, maybe different than that Time Ranger but how different I don't know.
Could be the same...or better.
It uses AA batteries, sips power and is weatherproof so all nice features among others.

I already had an upper end detector when I bought my F2 just to take on vacation with me.
After I got it and started to use it I found it was so good at what it did and was so much fun to use and found me so much I made it my prime detector for over 3 years and sold tons of them for Fisher after people read about what a so called "starter unit" could really do and posted about what I found.
I assume this Fisher would be no less capable.

When I decided to upgrade I stayed in the Fisher line and went to an F70/Patriot model because I learned the Fisher language so well.

If I was just starting in this hobby and had a certain low price point I wanted to stick to I would be looking hard at this one, too.

Here is just one review on one site about the F22.
https://metaldetectorlist.com/fisher-f22-metal-detector-review/

Another to consider is a Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro which is aka the Ameritek Liberator
Also a very great value if you can pick one up at a similar price.

All of these are cousins, different labels but under the same company banner, First Texas, with a lot of the newer DNA features running through all of them.

Last edited:

fjs440

Greenie
Mar 3, 2015
Avon, OH
Detector(s) used
F2
1280-X
F70
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I started with the F2 and loved it. Used it for a few years. Later I upgraded to the F70 (now called the Teknetics Patriot.) I have kept the F2 for my guests to use. They also enjoy using it. The F2 is easy to understand and people know when they have found something good. (Their excitement always makes me smile.) If you are looking at $250 or less, I feel confident the F22 will meet you needs.

There may be other detectors out there just as good for the price, but I have no problem recommending the Fisher F22. I am confident you will be getting a great detector for the price.

puja joshi

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2018
India
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher f22 is one of the best metal detectors. It has several enhancements over the F2. It is lightweight and easy to use.

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
just one more question would i get a 9 inch or a 11 inch coil

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teknetics Eurotek Pro. I would take this detector over the Fisher F22 every day. I had this detector and it was really good, much better then Garrett Ace i also had at that time. Cost 219 Dollar with 8" coil. 11 inch coil costs 80 euro and it goes deep,really deep.

fjs440

Greenie
Mar 3, 2015
Avon, OH
Detector(s) used
F2
1280-X
F70
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think the F22 plus the 11" DD coil only costs about $20 more than the standard 9" coil. Without a doubt, I would get the 11" DD coil. I wish that option would have been available when I first got my F2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread