SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you have removed the cover to check the switch, would you consider just replacing it?

OP
OP
fenixdigger

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
I would love to. But, I'm in a remote place in the Philippines and 6 weeks to get any mail, if it gets here demands another fix.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 6-connection switch is on the transmitter. The signal strength is on the receiver. So which box are you having trouble with?

OP
OP
fenixdigger

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
The transmitter box. I pilfered a 6 connector on, off, on, toggle switch. Wonder if that will work? Dam strange it takes 5 wires for a battery test.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the schematic surrounding the battery check:

TW6-TX.jpg

If you just remove the switch the TX will work just fine. If the batt check is stuck "on" probably the TX is still working and that's all OK, except the batt check will drain the batteries a little faster.

OP
OP
fenixdigger

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
That will work. Thanks. Want to verify pulse unit with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread