All Treasure Hunting

erte

Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Detector(s) used
gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first off i like that laughing nail sound in the beginning of the first vid, very interesting detector for sure with its iron disc modes. As they say its priced in the 2000-2500 dollar range so this could possibly put minelab's lower/higher end gold pulse machines at risk of obsoletion but its still too early to tell how well it does on real gold nuggets vs iron/ rusty iron in the field. On the beach it looks like a killer.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More...air...tests... But seriously, what it does in soil makes it or breaks it. What they showed as air tests for distance from coil I get with most VLF machines I have used. Film at 11.

Let's see how it looks in 2020.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More...air...tests... But seriously, what it does in soil makes it or breaks it. What they showed as air tests for distance from coil I get with most VLF machines I have used. Film at 11.

Let's see how it looks in 2020.

One must start somewhere in showing and giving info.
We’ll see how this this detector performs eventually.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And he who jumps first at a new machine, any one, any manufacturer, will have to deal with all the bugs, defects, disappointments, possible misrepresentations and possible drawbacks. That applies to all manufacturers and models. I have learned not to jump at new stuff, but give it a little time to see how things work out. Especially at $2k or more. My daughter has a degree in computer science and always tells me to wait six months with any new computer technology before I buy it because it takes at least 6 months for them to get the bugs out.

Same thing goes for metal detectors. One good thing, if a new machine is a bust, no one will be talking about it in six months to a year, if it's good, in that time frame you won't have to pay a premium for one. Being "first" isn't necessarily good or wise.

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Like the video's, thanks for sharing..., for someone who hunts in Allmetal and seeing the video's I can see you can shape out the target, size the target and from what I can tell be able to judge the depth of the target from the response of the audio.. I'm in Love!

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange....The videos have been taken down.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mojave1, you are correct. Premature release?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And he who jumps first at a new machine, any one, any manufacturer, will have to deal with all the bugs, defects, disappointments, possible misrepresentations and possible drawbacks. That applies to all manufacturers and models. I have learned not to jump at new stuff, but give it a little time to see how things work out. Especially at $2k or more. My daughter has a degree in computer science and always tells me to wait six months with any new computer technology before I buy it because it takes at least 6 months for them to get the bugs out.

Same thing goes for metal detectors. One good thing, if a new machine is a bust, no one will be talking about it in six months to a year, if it's good, in that time frame you won't have to pay a premium for one. Being "first" isn't necessarily good or wise.

Hard to disagree. However, I do believe in dualism.

If the tech turns out to be good (which in MANY cases it does)...the person who waits last...is simply last.

What benefit is there in waiting...if something turns out to be good from the start?

Using computer tech as an example...

A person buying the RTX Nvidia graphics cards at launch only had a single game supporting ray tracing...and benchmarks were not rad. It was a no brainer to wait. 6 months later devs are starting to show support...new drivers have brought benchmarks much higher...and the tech seems to be legit after early skepticism.

On the other hand, look at the Ryzen CPU release from AMD. A monster right out of the gate with driver and bios updates within days...not months. People had chips that cost 3X less than rival Intel...and performed just as well or better. Who wanted to wait 6 months for that when it took days?

Yin/Yang...2 sides to every coin...all that good stuff.

I cannot fault somebody for not wanting to be a guinea pig...especially if burned in the past. However, I cannot fault a pig for diving head first and squealing when it turns out awesome from the get-go.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marketing has likely decided that they are driving the bus regarding the release of this machine. They showed it to dealers and distributors at the big outdoor expo in Germany and one of them got ahead of the parade with pics on his Russian website. Alexandre is the head of the development team for this platform and the Chief Designer of the Impulse.

Tim Mallory, the VP of Sales and Marketing commented on Facebook that more information might be available as soon as 30 April (this year!).

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't personally see what all the hoopla is about. I regularly dig targets in the 20 inch range with my CZ 21. It discriminates iron. I pulled a tiny watch winding knob made of brass attached to a little steel pin today at the beach as well, that thing was probably in the 8 to 10 in deep range and I had no problem picking the signal up. if I could just fine tune my hearing enough to differentiate zinc pennies from good coins I would take it to the park all the time. Oh yeah, it didn't cost anywhere near $2,500.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping to get to be asked to test one - they don't know how many CZ21s ive helped sell over the years having been in the Fisher catalog and
all the good finds Ive posted over the years on forums
page 39
http://www.fisherlab.com/wtn-2014/
I get emails and PMs all the time from guys telling me I inspired them to get CZ21s
plus I hit a lot of old areas up here in New England with many finds from over a foot to close to 2 ft down hunting in all metal

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing i dont think Fisher realized from those catalog pics - that gold is not from a year or 2 - that is 2 trips worth
The gold in the middle was from a Dom.Rep. trip - the 2 box pics are silver & gold from a 4 day trip to Fla,

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Luciano321

Feb 26, 2021
Panama, Central America
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre
Tesoro Sand Shark.......(Out of Order)
Minelab Soveregn GT...(Out of Order too.)
Gemini II (Long ago)
Fisher 1280X (Long ago).
T. Sensor....My first device.
I tried dowsing.
I tri
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As with metal detectors, before buying a new car model, the shopper should wait a few months before buying in order to see the comments on the new product.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
As with metal detectors, before buying a new car model, the shopper should wait a few months before buying in order to see the comments on the new product.

We would actually have to see the release of the machine before it can have the bugs worked out. This is starting to sound like the Tesoro Cazador.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
We would actually have to see the release of the machine before it can have the bugs worked out. This is starting to sound like the Tesoro Cazador.

27 gold with it last year. Not a machine for everyone but for sure it is the deepest, in the water PI made.

This is the machine and place I was to meet you on a compare with the Cygnus...

Yard stick with Nickels on the bottom.. buried 16 - 17 - 18 inches. I took a friend with me testing the Newer Model "AQ" His very first time using the "AQ"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread