fisher m-scope impulse

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a straight Pulse Induction detector that works similiar to the Whites PI's. It has been discontinued and I doubt Fisher repairs them anymore.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a Dave Johnson design. I wasn't to impressed when it first came out but I tried a late model not long ago and it was keeping up with an Eric Foster Deepstar (Mk 1) so way deeper than the Whites or Headhunter P.I.'s.
Claim to fame is its low battery use giving exceptional running time from a handful of AA batteries.
It was originally to be a discriminating P.I. (none motion) but Fisher didn't run with that wanting a motion machine. Bad mistake.
Drawback is the repair situation and it really needs an autotune as you need three hands to use the present design (one for spade or scoop, one to hold the detector and the third to retune it.

Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread