Fisher CZ-3D is it deep as a PI inland ??

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have this video by fisher with Thomas Dankowski he is useing a CZ-3 ..or..CZ- 3D they might be the same i don't know....It is called...Advanced Treasure Hunting Techniques.....He has a test garden in it and has a Dime at ..11 inches and the CZ-3 picks it up loud and clear............Now if the CZ-3 does that it has to be the deepest detector on the market?.............Why would we even bother with a PI for inland hunting??? :stop: :stop:..no other detector will get a dime at 11 inches???

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot depends on the soil. Even with ground balancing it effects the the way the field behaves. What Dan doesn't say is what mode he is using. Also remember Fisher paid for publishing. I am not saying he lied, but things can be different in real life.

My Sov GT has no trouble on a clad dime at 12 inches with a stock coil. What size coil was used with the 3D, mode, silver coin or clad, coil scrubbing the dirt, etc? Sweep speed also has a bearing and might not be the one you would normally use while hunting.

PI's are good for greater depths because they ignore minerization, don't just have settings to "balance it out."

bigolhorns

Nov 12, 2006
Forest Grove,Oregon
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 11" and 9.5 " Elliptical
Garrett AT Gold
Teknetics Gold Bug
White's "Mr. Bill modified" Classic IDX
Teknetics Eurotek Pro 8" coil
Teknetics Eurotek Pro 11" coil
XP MI6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought my 3D one month ago. 3D is the deepest I've used. Yep, I tired all the latest, greatest hyped machines. Bought the 3D as last ditch effort to get beyond 6" in this tuff Oregon ground. Sold theTejon, F75, DFX, Vaquero....... etc.
Still have the 3D.
Forget about only using "Enhanced" mode only in old sites. Leave it in Enhanced all the time. I dig less trash than any detector I've owned using Enhanced. You won't believe how it locks onto deep coins, I still don't!
Depth with the 5" coil is what I use to dream about! Oh, I have yet to dig a nail.
It's a detector I'll always keep. Dankowski knew what he was doing!! :D

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, the CZ-3D is not as deep as a PI unit. Pulse induction goes way deeper. Tom lives in Flroida where sandy soil allows for deeper penetration, so 11" is easily attainable in that soil. The 3-d is a deep unit in it's own right, though. I use one and have found it to be the deepest unit I've ever used. I've found coins down to 10" here in Ohio.

Tom pays for all the videos he makes. He plans to make another video when he gets the money up. You can read about all of this at his site, and have all of your questions answered about PI units and the CZ line.

You can ask him your question yourself at the forums at:

www.dankowskidetectors.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread