Need help from anyone in Cape Coral, Ft Meyers area

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
I am moving down to Cape Coral next week to be closer to the folks and geta fresh start. I know the job market is in bad shape there but I was hoping that one of you would know where an ex army officer with a bunch of sales experience can go to find a decent job. My back ground is in construction and sales. And of course I am also looking for a Army National Guard Engineer Unit as well. But if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. In exchange I promiss not to MD your favorite spot! Of course you would need to tell me where it is for me not to hunt it.

Ian
From Ohio

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Florida. I don't know how well you will be treated in the construction market though... I know a few folks who have been laid off recently. There is still construction going on, just not a lot of it.

All the beach's are open for detecting, so good luck there. No mother ships of gold that I know of, sadly enough...

Let us know how the move turns out.

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2: Ahoy Ian,
Welcome to SW Florida. I am in N. Fort Myers in a marina aboard our boat. I am also former military. There are several military assistance employment groups here including the VA. If you need information or help just contact me and I can put you in touch with some very helpful people.
How long ago were you in the service? Nam? Gulf? Combat? Drop a line.
Welcome to SW Florida, Bro.

Attachments

• At North Fort Myers.jpg
    At North Fort Myers.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 226
  • At North Fort Myers.jpg
    At North Fort Myers.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 232

SonnyRay

May 30, 2009
Hey there! I saw this cat out at anchor as I crossed the bridge from ftm to nfm. I just arrived here myself, currently living with, and making my daughter miserable. :wink:
I have md'd a few beaches, FMB near the pier the day I saw the cat at anchor. I must have found 75 bottle caps, but nothing else!
Since arriving in SW FL I've been researching and attempting to locate old ghost towns in the area, but haven't had much luck yet. A good person to speak with is Ed Tisdale who owns a hardware store 100' N of the thrift store on 47th Ter, just N of Coronado. Ed is usually there in the morning. He also has a MD dealership.

Good luck with your relocation. I've had no luck looking for a job down here, and will probably head out west on a gold prospecting trip in the next month or so.

Sonny

mohicanjoe

Feb 8, 2009
Nokomis
Detector(s) used
MineLab Xcalibur
Goday !

Diver out of Casey Key recommends that you check into the Ft. Myers Army National Guard Unit. They have had up to 7 A teams in the past and are always looking for folks to transfer into their unit.......don't worry about looking for work......they have plenty !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread