Radman

Greenie
Aug 4, 2018
S. Florida - Venice
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I am just getting back in to this hobby after a very long time. I am in Sarasota county and was wondering what the laws or rules are in S.Florida or my area in particular as far as MD ? Are there any new laws / rules that I should be aware of ? I know not to go on private property without permission etc. but I don't want to be going down say Siesta Beach in my area and have Johnny law approach me and give me a hard time or ticket etc. because I was not informed. I know ignorance of the law is no excuse and I do plan on calling local law enforcement but just wanted to check with you fine folks first. :)

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only beach hunting laws I know of have to do with state parks and they are pretty precise as in NO water hunting period. You only can detect from high beach edge to wet sand. Other places may have time constraints and please fill all holes and take the trash with you. One beach here on the west coast called Treasure Island is closed from 2 A.M to 5 A.m

kudzu74

Jul 31, 2018
MiSSiSSiPPi
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett Pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check your websites federal, state, local (county/city)...not hard to find out rules and regulations for specific areas or do a pre-trip just to see if there is any posted rules and regulations and get a general idea of where you would like to metal detect. Some places you may be able to get a special permit but if you have no idea where you want to do the actual metal detecting I would think it would be a waste of time to get a permit without being able to tell the permitting office what location you wish to metal detect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread