dino egg???

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
i know its kinda far fetched but does anyone think this could be an egg??? im sure u all get this all the time and i know my best bet is to take it to a university or museum to get checked. i found it with a bunch of decaying rocks, and there are tons of shell and sea creatures in the area, just needing some thought;)
Brandon

Attachments

• DSCF3100.JPG
    DSCF3100.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,282
  • DSCF3101.JPG
    DSCF3101.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,297
  • DSCF3102.JPG
    DSCF3102.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,298
  • DSCF3103.JPG
    DSCF3103.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,288
  • DSCF3104.JPG
    DSCF3104.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,287

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only way to tell X RAY

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ummm SMOKES!!!!!!

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
holy cow, wow neyi, man i need to talk to you more about this thing. sorry, we just got back from a road trip to nc, we live in nm, ill have to get back to you, im too exhausted right now, please get back to me!!!!Brandon

T

TREETOPPER

Xrays will not show what is inside.Because xrays only work when their are diffrent mediums within an object such as softissue and bone within your body.They both have diffrent densities which creates contrast.
The rock or egg is one solid mass with no mediums the Xrays would just show nothing.

A

Aguila

I know who I will be talking to when I come across a fossil. Damn, your good, neyi.

T

TREETOPPER

Well technology is great isn't it.
A million year old fossil is a bit more solid than a pearl without the softer nuclei in the center. if the fossil is an egg the yolk of the egg would have become as dense as the outside portion of the egg giving the composition the same throughout ,nothing for the xray to decipher from.The only way to see if it is a real egg is to cut it in half which may reveal the yolk and the diffrent layers of the egg.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Chong, I never realized your name is Brandon also... huh, neat... I don't know anyone else whom I know personally with my name.
:)

Bran <><

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
lol, my sis used to call me bran bran, lol

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Family and I just got back from the 28th annual Gem,Mineral,and Fossil show at WIU in Illinois. They had some eggs from Hadrosuars,and Raptors, yours does look similar to the Hadrosaurs in color and size! I wouldnt cut it in half. JMO !

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chong2 said:
lol, my sis used to call me bran bran, lol

A little 3 year old kid at my church in high school used to call me big Bran... now he's 13 and has his own MySpace.
Getting old sucks. lol

Bran <><

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
ur telling me, i actually get bummed out when i think of my age.......... and at this very moment, i shrugged my soldiers.....

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
jazdo, from what people have told me, the area it was located it is highly unlikly its a egg. when i first posted it up in here a guy came to me stating it was a giant fossilized pearl. he went to great lengths showing me in detail his facts and what not. he has deleted all of his posts that he posted to me about this. and i cannot find anything on his where abouts. why i dunno. lucky me, i had a printer:)

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Looks like a concretion and I doubt it is a fossil. You menitioned marine fossils where this would not be found if it were a dino egg. It also looks kind of coarse grained and layered. Whack it and see. You can also go back for more concretions.

George

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
george, there are no more of these in the area, that i saw. i have many shells formed out of the same material i found also with this thing

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chong2 said:
....... and at this very moment, i shrugged my soldiers.....

You did WHAT???????? :o :o :o :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions