Addition To My Collection

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Just got back from our Gem and Mineral show. It was pretty incredible. I have missed it for that last few years and 'almost' missed it today...we left a little late and had to sit out a train on the way. But we got a good 45 minutes to look around. There will other shows in this area, some in April and September among others. I didn't have much to spend but did come away with some nifty little nuggets for my amature collection:

Got a Tekite nodule(so what I am told)...looks a little worked, but interesting nonetheless. Ammonite, not bad for $3. A Moqui marble...or as the sign said...'Shaman Stone'?? Why? Fragment of a mastadon tusk, or was it mammoth?? What's the difference? The fern fossil, can't remember the technical name for it and finally some Archimedes Screws...not sure what they were in life, plant or animal?? Have not looked it up. Interestingly...these were the only ones I saw in the entire show. I didn't bother asking to many questions to the vendors because they were packing up as I was shopping...and the announcer kept telling the spectators to leave...politely.

The show was really awesome...unbelievable what some people come across. But if that is your passion and profession, I guess it's bound to end up in your hands eventually. Also got to see a T-Rex skeleton complete on display. Not sure if it was real though...looked convincing enough.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_3178.JPG
    IMG_3178.JPG
    876.4 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I didn't have money for was a polished piece of Malachite and a Black River Agate... :( I have their business cards though ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions