Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found on the beach

1455196114924.jpg 1455196090566.jpg 1455196012512.jpg

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
You found this on THE beach, as though there were only ONE beach in the world?! LOL

For the purpose of identification, the best views of a mammal tooth are lingual, labial, and occlusal photographed straight-on (perpendicular to the tooth side or top).

That said, this appears to be a bovid upper cheek tooth, worn down in life, then worn by beach polishing.

OP
OP
H

HenrikO

Feb 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, for my english but if I wrote it in Danish I don't think anyone could understand a word 😊

I know the place where it was in the mouth. Is more interested in which animal and perhaps from which age the tooth is from

QUOTE=Harry Pristis;4859394]You found this on THE beach, as though there were only ONE beach in the world?! LOL

For the purpose of identification, the best views of a mammal tooth are lingual, labial, and occlusal photographed straight-on (perpendicular to the tooth side or top).

That said, this appears to be a bovid upper cheek tooth, worn down in life, then worn by beach polishing.
[/QUOTE]

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice tooth specimen! Congratulations and good luck with the identification.

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Sorry, for my english but if I wrote it in Danish I don't think anyone could understand a word 

I know the place where it was in the mouth. Is more interested in which animal and perhaps from which age the tooth is from

Du fandt dette på stranden, som om der var kun én strand i verden ?! LOL

Med henblik på identifikation, de bedste visninger af et pattedyr tand er flersprogede, labial og okklusal fotograferet lige på (vinkelret på tanden side eller top).

Når det er sagt, synes dette at være en bovid øvre kind tand, slidt ned i livet, så båret af stranden polering.

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we can always count on Harry to welcome new members with sarcasm and ridicule and just a smattering of insight and knowledge.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe it is from a cow... like the ones that hambugers come from!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. I am sure these members will be very helpful,kind and knowledgeable . Your translation is fine.

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think it might be a horse tooth, these are Horse Teeth I've found on Florida beaches.... P1000187.JPG

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Locked this NEW member came in one day and made a post. He has never returned since. Thanks for everyones kind treatment. Keep it up and this forum will be minus a few members. This childish bickering is ridiculous.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snakemanbill, your reply was crude and completely out of line, do not repeat it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread