Megalodons and Six year olds

RScott

Jun 25, 2014
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy title from an avid lurker and infrequent poster - BUT, my oldest grandson will be turning 6 in May and is fascinated by sharks (has reeled a few small ones in) and I had to read him his shark book 5 times last weekend, the megalodon was of course his favorite because it is so awesome. So, instead of getting him some crap plastic toy, or another fishing pole, or something else he doesn't need - I want to get him a meg tooth. Looked online, wide variety based on size and color, but those metrics are irrelevant to a 6 year old, so big and genuine is all I need.

I live south of the Metro ATL, need any recommendation for good shops nearby or online store. Or, even better if I am not breaking rules, anyone on here have one to let go? Also depending on cost maybe getting him a display of other teeth, most of mine are small. Going to feed this interest as much as I can before he figures out he likes girls.....

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tons are on Ebay. One with a little damage is very reasonable. Lots are found in the Carolinas. Warning: do not get a live megalodon as it might eat you!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That is awesome that you are giving inspiration to your grandson. Who knows a future paleontogist.

OP
OP
R

RScott

Jun 25, 2014
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything arrived today, 2 days early, everything exactly as shown on the pictures and description. I think my grandson is going to love the Meg tooth it is beautiful and big. If he doesn't, I am going to keep it because it is AWESOME. Thanks again Capt for pointing me in the right direction.

OP
OP
R

RScott

Jun 25, 2014
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it was a hit - at least until he saw the Lego helicopter and that captivated him for an hour. But he pulled it out and said "a Meg tooth!, is it real?" Hopefully I have peaked his interest in something cool and not made of plastic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread