Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan, Spart, Granny, Truckin, everyone else,..........come on, let's get those creative juices flowing! I want to :read2: some good tales and I know you all have the ability and character to create some truly fabulous fictional fibs about a lot of different subjects. "Write them and they will come!" Let's see how long we can keep this fun and creative thread alive! :thumbsup:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one I just gotta have some time to write it all down. Jacob is in a play 2 times today. If I don't babysit I can do it this evening. ;D

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
Dan, Spart, Granny, Truckin, everyone else,..........come on, let's get those creative juices flowing! I want to :read2: some good tales and I know you all have the ability and character to create some truly fabulous fictional fibs about a lot of different subjects. "Write them and they will come!" Let's see how long we can keep this fun and creative thread alive! :thumbsup:

Good lord, you want to to compete against your story :dontknow: No way, yours rules :headbang: The only thing you left out of the story is how I came in possession of the 22 missing pages, but that's another tale. :tongue3:

I just have to think of an era and a good event, I'll jump in with both feet and try to be 1/2 as good as your submission. Right now it's too hot and my brain is fried.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
“In the Spring of 1887 several lawmen arrived in the town of Somerset, a small community a few miles down river from my land and my isolated summer home. As their stay lingered I began to fear that my existence would eventually be disclosed in some way and that even, quite possibly, it was me who they were after. Fear began to take over reason and sound judgement and soon I was living in fear each and everyday. One night I decided to abandon the region until I was certain that I could return without risk of discovery. Over the course of the next week I made ready for my extended departure and in doing so I began to bury my collection of coin and valuables in several different locations all up and down the river so that the finding of one would not risk the losing of all. In each of these secret locations I placed a fair amount of coin and valuables in small wooden boxes and I located them within the rocks and cliffs so that the elements could not reach them. However, in the passing of time since my departure the events of my life have always prevented me from going back to the region and I am but an old man now unable to make such a journey. My mind is still fairly crisp and I will, however, make every effort to recall the exact location of each secret hiding place so that someone may benefit from the finding of these valuables. But, there were many locations and I doubt that I can remember them all, perhaps more then twenty or thirty will escape my recollections now. Below I will detail as best I can the exact location of at least a dozen or more so they can be easily discovered just as I had hidden them so many years ago.”
Had me until I saw that! Modern grammatical faux pas in an eloquently written 19th century diary :D
And the pic!
Very creative and I would buy your book! :icon_thumleft:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GopherDaGold said:
bigscoop said:
“In the Spring of 1887 several lawmen arrived in the town of Somerset, a small community a few miles down river from my land and my isolated summer home. As their stay lingered I began to fear that my existence would eventually be disclosed in some way and that even, quite possibly, it was me who they were after. Fear began to take over reason and sound judgement and soon I was living in fear each and everyday. One night I decided to abandon the region until I was certain that I could return without risk of discovery. Over the course of the next week I made ready for my extended departure and in doing so I began to bury my collection of coin and valuables in several different locations all up and down the river so that the finding of one would not risk the losing of all. In each of these secret locations I placed a fair amount of coin and valuables in small wooden boxes and I located them within the rocks and cliffs so that the elements could not reach them. However, in the passing of time since my departure the events of my life have always prevented me from going back to the region and I am but an old man now unable to make such a journey. My mind is still fairly crisp and I will, however, make every effort to recall the exact location of each secret hiding place so that someone may benefit from the finding of these valuables. But, there were many locations and I doubt that I can remember them all, perhaps more then twenty or thirty will escape my recollections now. Below I will detail as best I can the exact location of at least a dozen or more so they can be easily discovered just as I had hidden them so many years ago.”
Had me until I saw that! Modern grammatical faux pas in an eloquently written 19th century diary :D
And the pic!
Very creative and I would buy your book! :icon_thumleft:

I've often wondered if there would be any real market for a book containing several short fictitious treasure tales? I do love to write them and when I put my mine to it I'm also a pretty good fibber. :dontknow: :laughing7:

But I have also read what you folks have written at times and I must say, I feel I could be put to shame rather easily. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread