Sorry if this is OT...but my online puzzle/riddle treasure hunt starts tonight.

John Silvered

Apr 18, 2012
Arrrrgh.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you'd like me to move this post to another section...just let me know the "right" one.
(I saw the "Today's Finds" section...and well the site launches tonight...)

I'd like you guys to try it out. Critique. I know you guys are opinionated. :)

It'd be helpful for me if I was to do a second hunt at sometime in the future.

I'll tell you what I struggled with so that you have a starting point...difficulty of the puzzles. I tried to vary them...and make the first one...one of the easier puzzles. But how hard to go? Some of my ideas were so very abstract...I feared that they'd almost require an element of "eureka!" to solve them. Is that too much to ask from a group of strangers just looking to have a spot o'fun?

I also made the site design itself super straight forward and almost without frills. I wanted it to be all about the puzzles and require no effort whatsoever to get to the puzzles. Function over form. I actually like flashy type sites...but I really like figuring out my demographic and giving them what they want.

I see no reason why you guys shouldn't know about me...Before the site launches there is a "this site being constructed by..." link. Click on it...it's a me...some guy not named Mario.

Thanks.

The treasuredhunt site link is in my sig. Tonight 7 pm cst! :P

antlerman23

Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this is an awesome idea!!! i might have the answer to the first one already. :D cant wait for more clues!

OP
OP
J

John Silvered

Apr 18, 2012
Arrrrgh.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is an awesome idea!!! i might have the answer to the first one already. :D cant wait for more clues!

Thank you. Many people have sent me an answer to #1. BUT...you will need ALL the clues as each individual clue is but a part of the answer. As long as you read the rules section...
you will be ahead of too many others. (sad really...imo the only way to win anything in a race/treasure hunt environment is attention to detail) I'm certainly not about to confirm or deny anything.
All my work is basically done. It's up to you guys now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread