Handbags & Stephen King

Young River

Nov 23, 2008
Hewitt, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Handbags & Stephen King

Over the weekend I made a visit to the local Salvation Army Store & a couple of Good Will Stores. I'm not one to buy handbags, but I saw one my little girl might like & picked it up. A little lady working there tells me that the purses were all $1 each. I said...why not? I got to looking and saw a patterned one with LV on it. I knew enough that LV stood for Louis Vuitton. Turned out that it is a knock-off, but when I got it home & looked it up on the internet, it's worth $178.00 brand new! Not only that, I grabbed another one that still had the paper stuffed inside of it...never used, Etienne Aigner...looked it up also and it was selling on Ebay for $140.00! I ended up buying 5 purses in all and when I went to pay, the girl told me they were 25% off. I ended up paying less that a dollar apiece. Not bad! I went on to Good Will and rifled through some books. My son likes to read Stephen King. I found several 1st editions. Out of curiosity, I looked them up. All in all, if I were to try and resell them, the 6 books I purchased would go for a minimum of about $300.00. Hmmm, might be a nice little investment opportunity! Never know what you'll come across.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: Handbags & Stephen King

Very nice! I also found many of the older cookbooks sold pretty well on ebay back when I was doing that sort of thing. They are pretty easy to find at garage sales and thrift shops as well. Good luck!

S

seger98

Hmmmmm, and to think I don't give purses a second look! OK, not even a first look. Nice find, are you going to sell them on ebay then?

OP
OP
Young River

Young River

Nov 23, 2008
Hewitt, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

I'm seriously thinking about it. I've never done it before, so I'm gonna have to research it a little bit before I jump in. My son is all excited about the books too. Now HE wants to go book-hunting. Also, look through the purses and the pouches & pockets in them. I found an earring in one of them...not anything of value...but you never know!

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac

Ebaying is great and profitable. Ive done it since 1999. They wont let you sell the knock-off LV. They will cancel the auction after they find it. Great finds!!!

OP
OP
Young River

Young River

Nov 23, 2008
Hewitt, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

I'm keeping the knock-off LV for myself. I had intended on keeping the other one too until I saw how much it's going for...and it's never been used.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

Cool finds, Ebay is a Blast, I been doing it for 4 yrs now, (ebay handle yoepatties) I have more stupid stuff ebay stories than I could tell in a week. I did good the last 2 weeks and cleared over 1000, (it doesent always happen that way)

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker

I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME FOR THAT. HOPE YOU ARE PRODUCTIVE AT IT. GOOD LUCK.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread