nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was out checking on some places to metal detect and seen a small sign that said yard sale. It was on a little one lane rd out in the country,I seen just a couple things sitting out beside the old house and almost left figuring there wasn't much there.Man,that would have been a mistake. I walk up and find that they were selling stuff straight out of the house and barn.It was actually an estate sale that the family was doing and there really wasn't any advertisement except a little sign at the end of the rd.
If i would had an extra person with me,i would had bought probably 4 truck loads,but some competition came in and i couldn't keep up.I did get 2 truck loads and most of it was antiques.
The Great thing other than the history i discovered for the day was, NEVER think a good deal can't still be found,because it's there,you just have to find it.
Oh and for the big question,how much did 2 truck loads of antiques and other items cost me that day? Well,let's just say,i got change back out of a $100.
I have pics of a few of the items i got that day,in the Todays finds forum.

Nova Treasure

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:
estate sales are one of my favorite types of sales.
Out here most estate sales are run by companies that get a commission. They are typically very overpriced and they do not like to bargain very much.

My very first yard sale purchase was at an estate sale. I was driving by and saw a sign and decided to stop. There was a pile of spoons in a glass case and I had my magnifying glass with me. So I started looking for "sterling" on the back. (don't ask me why, I knew very little about silver at the time) The lady behind the display said they were all plated, but I looked anyway. I saw one that had STERLING very tiny and offered her half of the tagged price. (Think I paid $1) I got home and weighed it on my postal scale and figuered I made several $$.

Boy, have I learned a lot since then. I was hooked. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread