goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was on the way to the beach to MD, but saw an estate sale...couldn't resist. I picked through the jewelry and found a sterling chain and a gold chain with the same design ($2 each). It says 725 (18K), but there are some other numbers as well. I would assume it is gold because the other is silver. I also got an old atlas ($5), and old girl scout book ($2), old atlas from sinclair gas ($1). But the neatest thing was a victorian mantel clock. It was $150, but bargained them down to $125. It has a patent of 1880 and a tag on the back saying who it was bought for. It has key and pedulum and seems to be in working order, but I don't know enough to test it. The only other example on google was selling for $625! Truly a nice example of the vicotrian era.
The other marks on the chain are in arabic, but there is also, in much smaller size, "(star figure) 335 AR" Any ideas?

HH
-GC

Attachments

• IMG_4768.JPG
    IMG_4768.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,185
  • IMG_4769.JPG
    IMG_4769.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,192

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Nicely done. That clock is mucho suweeeeeeetttttt !!! shoot me a pm if you ever want to part w/it :icon_thumright:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you scored well on that estate sale :icon_thumleft: Most estate sales have professionals in before the general public and cherry pick the good stuff, it seems they missed a quite a bit

goldgrubber

Jan 26, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites 5900, Minelab Excalibur
The smaller size marks sound like Italian marks with the AR standing for the province it came from, Arezzo.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seth Thomas Adamatine clock. Easily worth over $600 if in excellent condition. The patent date is probably for the movement. The Adamatine finish was developed around 1885. Nice score.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wtg you did good great scores

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread