diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Craigslist, the newspaper and down here in Florida we have a local mailing rag that comes weekly called "The Flyer" that lists them also. Usually when we are out going to ones we have found listed, we will see signs for others that were not listed and we stop by those too.

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our local newspaper has a garage sale section in the classified. They run a decent deal for advertising and also provide signs for each sale. They also are on-line and post the same sales the evening before so I go there and pick the sales, and make a route the night before I go. There are also local interest/advertising papers called the "Free Trader" and "Pennysaver" that list sales.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I either drive around and happen upon one, or get a local paper for the listings.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Most folks around here still put them in the paper but they only run Wed. Thur. and Fri. If I am going, I go through the ads and write them down in order of location so I don't run back and forth across town 10 times. I start at the one that has what I am interested in first and then go from there.

HH Charlie

idigdirt

Mar 15, 2006
Epworth, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Compass xp-pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Find your local newspaper on-line and go to classifieds and then to garage sales. They should list everything you would want to know. If it also maps the sales out for you, your in luck! Now, go get em' kid....

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also remember, once you've looked over which ones you want to go to, it is best to get there early as soon as it starts or a few minutes before. There are actually people that do this for a living I have found out, so they are out looking for good deals early, early as well as the end of the day offering to buy up whats left for little or nothing.

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
if you want to try and beat the pros to the punch.....try going by the address the evening before and asking if you might look at the items ......... this might be cosidered unethical to some but it isnt cheating anyone....tell them you have to work in the morning ;D

Winchester52fan

Greenie
Jan 8, 2007
Granite City,Il.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX,White's 6000DI
Where-ever i am,such as when i'm on vacation,i look in the local paper for suitable yard/garage sales.Then i enter the address in my GPS and put the suitable symbol and i find them according to the symbol.It works great,way better than random driving around in towns i don't really know well.I have scored my best finds this way.That GPS is the BEST $150.00 i have ever spent.It's a Lowrance XOG,incredible detail.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winchester52fan said:
That GPS is the BEST $150.00 i have ever spent.It's a Lowrance XOG,incredible detail.
I second that emotion!! :icon_thumright:
If my GPS were to break during a saturday morning shopping trip I would just stop and go home. :'(

I think mine was around $200 a MIO MOVE and it speaks in dozens of languages. Even english with an Australian accent (male or female)

Funny thing, "she" really does not know how to pronounce local street names and I catch myself saying them wrong sometimes. :dontknow:

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
The trouble with following signs is that a lot of them are ghost. Last weeks or older. Waste a lot of time chasing them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread