Hit a "Estate Sale, Cleaning out entire house" today...

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Hit a "Estate Sale, Cleaning out entire house" today...

Got too a Craig's Listing about an hour after it was first listed today. Place was a bought foreclosure fully of STUFF!! Basically a major pack rat, did I say major Pack Rat! It was a damn dump, but fun kinda like "American Pickers" stuff. Lots of nice copper and brass scrap, but the guys emptying it and running the sale were scrapmen, so no go. Must have walked by $500 work of copper! Managed to pull out some items w/the wife (we snuck out of work). Filled up the SUV with items. Not even sure what we have since we were working separately. Spent $115... hopefully make a nice profit. Nothing to really show you yet, till we go through it.

Main point is, if you have the time.. check those listings often, never know what might pop-up.

Take care all. Sean

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Hit a "Estate Sale, Cleaning out entire house" today...

The "entire contents" Estate sales are the best ones to go to as long as they aren't being hosted by an "estate sale company". I love digging through other peoples stuff especially if it's an actual "estate" sale, as in the person is deceased, sounds a little morbid but hey, I gotta do what I gotta do to make do. Let us know how you did.

OP
OP
SEANO

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.

diggummup said:
The "entire contents" Estate sales are the best ones to go to as long as they aren't being hosted by an "estate sale company". I love digging through other peoples stuff especially if it's an actual "estate" sale, as in the person is deceased, sounds a little morbid but hey, I gotta do what I gotta do to make do. Let us know how you did.

Believe I spent around $100 on a few boxes of stuff at this estate sale. I dug from the basement on up to the attic. Did ok on the sales, but nothing really worth posting. That was until I came across a number of Lesney Matchbox Cars, while finally going through some more of the stuff tonight. I have the one below and some other nice vintage ones. No boxs and not mint, but not bad either. Wonder what it's(they're) worth?
Picked-up a box of over 250 matchboxes for $8 last fall too... hum, may need to take a look through those :)

This was not sold, but I do like the prices on the early Lesney Matchboxes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-MATCHBOX-L...Vehicles_JN&hash=item4aa7de4302#ht_500wt_1048

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO

diggummup said:
I know what you mean about the "E. S. company". I didn't even bother to go to one last week, but they were holding a 2nd weekend sale and there was nothing else doing. It turned out to be just a husband and wife team. Sombody posted on craigslist that they were selling used stuff at "new" prices and I overheard them talking to another customer about it. I don't know how the prices were last week, but there wasn't much left, and the prices were marked down everywhere. Either they got the hint or they wanted to end this sale.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

batcap said:
....and I overheard them talking to another customer about it. I don't know how the prices were last week,
I once over heard an ES lady (owner) on the phone. She brought in some of her own jewelry to sell so she could get a bigger crowd. That way she could say "jewelry" in the ad. (it was all junk)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread