got lots of construction stuff...how to sell?

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I kind of fell into a deal where I bought a few things... 3 truck and trailers full that is... for a really good deal.

I got circuit breakers... cases of them
Drawer slides, cases of them
Electrical work boxes and lightswitch covers... thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of them.
PEX plumbing fittings, anti-backflow valves, sinks, drain kits, gas water heaters, trapezoid windows (argon filled double pane glass)...all in quantity.

I also got cases of nails and staples for nailguns...bostitch, paslode, senco, etc... Millions of nails.

Cases of great stuff expanding foam, and cases of liquid nails construction adhesive.

From what I see, this stuff doesn't move really well on ebay. I haven't done much yet as far as trying to talk to people and find outlets for it. I want to gather suggestions before I start selling this stuff for pennies on the dollar. Naturally, I want to make as much as I can on this, but I also want to move the stuff quickly. How would you guys move this stuff?

bdxample

Mar 2, 2007
Panama City Florida
Your best bet might be to try and get in touch with local contractors and independently owned construction companies.
Sure they would have a use for it and probably be able to sell them large lots and still make a good profit.

F

Felinepeachy

If you can't sell it, donate it to Habitat for Humanity. It's for a good cause and you could at least get a tax write off.

lincha

Feb 27, 2007
Iowa
I would put an add in the paper rhave a yard sale, lots of people who flip houses or have lots of rental properties would buy this stuff.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have a great time with this if you use your head, Try Brokering, years ago I got into this, once sold 7,000 foot balls 2 truck loads of eggs, Bricks, 13,000 lb's of charm rocks (original lava stones for gas grill's) and did this all before computers were in. All done by phone.The trick was to sell everything at once. If you paid say 1 g for something you had to be happy with making 45 to 50% profit (sometimes more) you learn to turn things NOW. There are plenty of places that sell liquidation also plenty of people who do permanent fair sales. Biggest sale made to a guy in Texas who bought 100.000 tons of portland cement on the docks in New york the bags and bulk were printed in Arabic and the deal fell through The dock workers refused to unload, at the time no imports of cement I got a call and made a call and he made a call and they built Mc Cormack square in chi town. It can be done just don't get GREEDY.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cheese said:
I kind of fell into a deal where I bought a few things... 3 truck and trailers full that is... for a really good deal.

I got circuit breakers... cases of them
Drawer slides, cases of them
Electrical work boxes and lightswitch covers... thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of them.
PEX plumbing fittings, anti-backflow valves, sinks, drain kits, gas water heaters, trapezoid windows (argon filled double pane glass)...all in quantity.

I also got cases of nails and staples for nailguns...bostitch, paslode, senco, etc... Millions of nails.

Cases of great stuff expanding foam, and cases of liquid nails construction adhesive.

From what I see, this stuff doesn't move really well on ebay. I haven't done much yet as far as trying to talk to people and find outlets for it. I want to gather suggestions before I start selling this stuff for pennies on the dollar. Naturally, I want to make as much as I can on this, but I also want to move the stuff quickly. How would you guys move this stuff?

With winter coming and the Texas long range forecast says the Frosty Spring will be scattered with warmth enough to bloom and then the next morning the blooms will be covered with clear ice....

So, sell the things that have a shelf life like glues and expanding foams. Find a good local flea market and bring what you think you'll sell, telling your customers that you'll be back next month....

It's not selling the stuff that's hard, it's selling the last of it that will wear you down... :tongue3:

Good luck and keep us posted,
Bill

5woodluther

Dec 4, 2006
Clarkston, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the following and setting up a seller's account.

Liquidation.com
salvex.com
or place an ad in closeout news. Or check the ASD/AMD site for trade shows or contacts.

Another option - If you know an Auctioneer, set up a big auction, as this brings in the Public and Contractors. I know a group up North that runs a sale every 2 weeks and go through 2 -3 trailers of Home Improvement goods at each auction.

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Good ideas. I think the salvex site might do well. I don't have time to deal with flea markets...too much stuff going on in life at the moment. I think I will also call a couple of the larger contractors in the area, and might place an add on craigslist. I'll have to look into the broker thing, I have no clue about that. Great suggestions, thanks, and keep 'em coming!

Oh, and whatever I have left over will probably go to habitat for humanity...that's a great suggestion!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread