Egyptian Mother of Pearl Inlaid Plate . . .$1.55!

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
I found a couple of potentially salable items yesterday at an estate sale . . . first a Roomba 420 series vacuum with remote control and auto charging dock for $15 (bad battery). I ordered a replacement battery for $25, I'll probably end up keeping it - I hate to vacuum, but I love remote control toys!
At the same place I found a 1995 official GM C/K series truck service manual set for $15. It still had the original $125 invoice, apparently the box was never opened 'til the estate salesman looked inside.

Today I went to one of my two main thrift stores and must have picked up and set back down 100 pieces of ceramic and china looking for 'names'. Nuthin' at all! So I headed back to the housewares where they keep the dishes and flatware. Shortly, this leapt into my hands. It was marked $2.92, but they had a 50% off sale. With tax, $1.55.

I've seen 3 other specimens so far, 2 on ebay, one at goodwill auctions. I can't believe all that effort and craftsmanship is only worth $50-$75! No wonder the U.S. became a service-based economy.

Attachments

• Front1TN.jpg
    Front1TN.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 688
  • Damages2TN.jpg
    Damages2TN.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 567
  • CenterDetail2TN.jpg
    CenterDetail2TN.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 586
  • BackTN.jpg
    BackTN.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 573

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
My wife found something similar at a sale the other day. This one was with different pieces of wood. Don't think its worth anything, but she likes it, so its on a wall.

You still did good $$ wise. Nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0482.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 552
OP
OP
B

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
creeper71 said:
I bet that is worth a hell of alot more then you think!

I saw no completed listings for this kind of thing on ebay. There are 2 "Buy it now!" similar plates listed for $50 and $75. I scheduled my auction to begin this evening with a start price of $35.
One sold on the goodwill auction site for a measly 8 bucks. We'll see how it does.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
batcap said:
creeper71 said:
I bet that is worth a hell of alot more then you think!

I saw no completed listings for this kind of thing on ebay. There are 2 "Buy it now!" similar plates listed for $50 and $75. I scheduled my auction to begin this evening with a start price of $35.
One sold on the goodwill auction site for a measly 8 bucks. We'll see how it does.
I see i posted the wrong way.. I meant to quote the post about the wood art an say I bet that is worth a hell of alot more then you think..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread