OP
hombre_de_plata_flaco

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Is Pop C. the black dude who plays drums? DAC had some hot little Asian chick w/him that night. His entourage seemed quite ethnically diverse given the lyrics to some of his songs.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bertha no black drummer, I shot ya a pm.

Tell me if this info is enough for you to scrounge up a "stylus", and how much.

Sony automatic drive, PS-212 with "audia technica" stylus. (I had to get my jewelers loop to read that)!
Never had to replace it, in all these years. Small still voice, been telling me to check into it(?)
Lemme know.

Oh and we want pictures of your booth set-up too! Oh, and are mex like your picture? (I don't mean to be pol. incorrect, no offense) My best friend over in Monroe, her husband from Morales(did I spell that right?). Do we know each other? My world seems to keep getting smaller and smaller...........

OP
OP
hombre_de_plata_flaco

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
If you could shoot me a pic of the cartridge I may be able to identify the model #. Audio Technica made many models of cartridges and replacement needles are readily available.

Unfortunately, I am not Hispanic. I chose that handle because it translates to "Skinny Silver Man" and because I have an affinity for gold and silver coins produced by the Mexican Mint. My genetic make-up is a hodgepodge but is nearly 50% English, as my grandfather immigrated from Great Britain in the 1920's and married a lady of English/Cherokee descent who would one day become my grandmother.

My mother's side of the family is Scots-Irish (which is NOT Irish - the Scots-Irish were Scotsmen who were deeded land in the much disputed territory of Northern Ireland), and Comanche Indian. The Comanche comes from my maternal grandmother who is from East Texas. I am just an average honky from a family full of dirt farmers and war veterans.

There is however, a substantial population of Hispanics in my area due to the prominence of the poultry industry here. I try to avoid political commentary on forums like these, but most of the Mexicans I know seem to be hard working, productive members of the community. I'm sure there are some bad seeds out there, and they come from a culture that can be quite different from ours in some ways, but they can fix some d@mn fine sandwiches known as "Tortas". I eat at a local Taqueria about once a week. My grandfather was an illegal immigrant until he got his citizenship in the mid 80's, so I guess I have a little different perspective on the local Hispanic population. I will add that I do believe in the rule of law and going about entry into our country by legal means, but when your pockets are empty and your belly is rumbling sometimes you have to to what you have to do.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, way too tired for another pic tonight. Midnight flight didn't come till 3:30am.

You family history sounds like mine, other than I'm adopted. Pound puppy, kitty litter, throw away baby. Just lucky I had a good momma find me, scoop me up, take me home, and love me till she left me.

I have so many friends, different colors, races, cultures, religions. They are the Rainbow of my life! The threads that weave the tapestry.
I'm only prejuduce against jerks, a-holes and pedophiles.
It's how a man/woman acts and treats ya, right here, right now, that determines.............
And you have been so sweet, thank you. Oh we want pic's of your booth too.

We'll talk again soon, you have fun!

Gaijun1

Oct 11, 2010
Morgantown Wv
I Like The Bic Venturi Stereo Speakers They Were Top Of The Line In The Late 70's To Early 80's
I Belive They Were Formula 2's And 4's But Awsome Speakers :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
hombre_de_plata_flaco

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Gaijun1 said:
I Like The Bic Venturi Stereo Speakers They Were Top Of The Line In The Late 70's To Early 80's
I Belive They Were Formula 2's And 4's But Awsome Speakers :icon_thumright:

The only BIC gear I have come across were two of these:

DSC00019.jpg

They are an indoor "box-type" FM antenna. I had one hooked up for a while before I sold it and they really do work. FM reception was much improved.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread