Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    us
    May 2008
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    250
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Marilyn Monroe Photos

    Went to an estate sale for a dead professional photographer. Hidden in the back of a drawer in the kitchen was a brown lunch bag that said "Marilyn Monroe". Opened it up and inside were 8 black and white behind the scene shots from "Some Like it Hot" and a little envelope with 3 original negatives of Jayne Mansfield posing in a bikini poolside at the Tropicana! Got them all for $15. Turns out the shots are all original and never-before-seen! I actually can't even post them here per part of the contract with Julian's auction house in Hollywood. Estimate when we list them is $3-5k but they said that's a conservative estimate. CHECK THOSE DRAWERS!!

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

    Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    45,973
    5172 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Marilyn Monroe Photos

    So when they go up for auction
    Well we get a look ?
    or are they being sold Sight Unseen ?

    Cool find

  3. #3
    us
    Nov 2008
    North Texas
    Ace 250, AT Pro
    889
    145 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Marilyn Monroe Photos

    Awesome find! Let us know how it goes!

  4. #4
    us
    May 2008
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    250
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Marilyn Monroe Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa
    So when they go up for auction
    Well we get a look ?
    or are they being sold Sight Unseen ?

    Cool find
    I think you'll get a look at the Monroe photos. Pretty sure they'll put them in their auction catalog in a couple months. If so, I'll post them here for you guys to see. We're actually keeping the Mansfield negatives though because we aren't quite sure how to profit the most from them. Either sell to a book publisher, auction, or just sell them straight up. We have also considered making prints from them and selling the prints as a renewable source of income. Just not sure which road we're going to take yet.

  5. #5
    us
    Dec 2007
    South Central PA
    2,929
    39 times

    Re: Marilyn Monroe Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Customx_12
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa
    So when they go up for auction
    Well we get a look ?
    or are they being sold Sight Unseen ?

    Cool find
    I think you'll get a look at the Monroe photos. Pretty sure they'll put them in their auction catalog in a couple months. If so, I'll post them here for you guys to see. We're actually keeping the Mansfield negatives though because we aren't quite sure how to profit the most from them. Either sell to a book publisher, auction, or just sell them straight up. We have also considered making prints from them and selling the prints as a renewable source of income. Just not sure which road we're going to take yet.
    have you even checked to see if these were copyrighted or not?? if there not I would copyright them asap
    some people call me the creeper ,cuz they don't know my name or face - Alice Cooper

  6. #6
    us
    May 2008
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    250
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Marilyn Monroe Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by creeper71
    Quote Originally Posted by Customx_12
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa
    So when they go up for auction
    Well we get a look ?
    or are they being sold Sight Unseen ?

    Cool find
    I think you'll get a look at the Monroe photos. Pretty sure they'll put them in their auction catalog in a couple months. If so, I'll post them here for you guys to see. We're actually keeping the Mansfield negatives though because we aren't quite sure how to profit the most from them. Either sell to a book publisher, auction, or just sell them straight up. We have also considered making prints from them and selling the prints as a renewable source of income. Just not sure which road we're going to take yet.
    have you even checked to see if these were copyrighted or not?? if there not I would copyright them asap
    I have no idea how to check nor do I know how or even if I can copyright them since I didn't take them. I don't know if it's different for photos or the negatives either. All I know is that we have had some very reliable Monroe experts examine them and report that they have never seen these images. All internet sources and experts indicate they have never been published. Some of the experts have authored books about Monroe's photographs. I might need to get a copyright attorney before moving on with this.

  7. #7
    us
    Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
    6,472
    1192 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Marilyn Monroe Photos

    OK, Don't post the Actual Picture Just Use your Computer and Upload a Picture Of one of the Negatives!!! use the software and Crop the Picture And show Part of the Picture Preferably Her Legs !!!!!!! Red Is going to Hurt Me for this Post But Marilyn Has the Most sexy legs I have seen Other than reds!!!! ( Bonus Points I hope) HH Chug
    We live to detect, we detect to live!

    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

  8. #8
    us
    Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
    6,472
    1192 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Marilyn Monroe Photos

    Red just saw My Post!!!! Chug
    We live to detect, we detect to live!

    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

  9. #9
    us
    Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
    6,472
    1192 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Marilyn Monroe Photos

    Never Mind I don't Need Any Help!!!!! Chug
    We live to detect, we detect to live!

    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

  10. #10
    us
    Dec 2007
    South Central PA
    2,929
    39 times

    Re: Marilyn Monroe Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Customx_12
    Quote Originally Posted by creeper71
    Quote Originally Posted by Customx_12
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa
    So when they go up for auction
    Well we get a look ?
    or are they being sold Sight Unseen ?

    Cool find
    I think you'll get a look at the Monroe photos. Pretty sure they'll put them in their auction catalog in a couple months. If so, I'll post them here for you guys to see. We're actually keeping the Mansfield negatives though because we aren't quite sure how to profit the most from them. Either sell to a book publisher, auction, or just sell them straight up. We have also considered making prints from them and selling the prints as a renewable source of income. Just not sure which road we're going to take yet.
    have you even checked to see if these were copyrighted or not?? if there not I would copyright them asap
    I have no idea how to check nor do I know how or even if I can copyright them since I didn't take them. I don't know if it's different for photos or the negatives either. All I know is that we have had some very reliable Monroe experts examine them and report that they have never seen these images. All internet sources and experts indicate they have never been published. Some of the experts have authored books about Monroe's photographs. I might need to get a copyright attorney before moving on with this.
    I would atleast talk to a copyright attorney before I would move on to selling them cause if you don't you could be screwing yourself either money wise or copyright infingement wise maybe even both

    some people call me the creeper ,cuz they don't know my name or face - Alice Cooper

  11. #11
    us
    Jan 2008
    Black Hills of South Dakota
    Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
    4,167
    67 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Marilyn Monroe Photos

    WOW - saw that (you) on television.

    GREAT!!!!



    Beth
    "Irony is the rule"

  12. #12
    Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    11,486
    2262 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Marilyn Monroe Photos

    Are you Anton Fury? http://tinyurl.com/4yt7y6u
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

  13. #13
    us
    May 2008
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    250
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Marilyn Monroe Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup
    Are you Anton Fury? http://tinyurl.com/4yt7y6u
    No, I am not Mr. Fury. I only have prints of Monroe without the negs. But I have the negs of Mansfield without the prints. I sure wish I had Monroe negs though!

  14. #14
    us
    May 2008
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    250
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Marilyn Monroe Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by mrs.oroblanco
    WOW - saw that (you) on television.

    GREAT!!!!



    Beth
    Hi Beth,

    While I have actually been on a few shows before, I was never on for having found these images. I'm afraid I'm not the person you saw on T.V. Sorry!

  15. #15
    us
    Jan 2008
    Black Hills of South Dakota
    Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
    4,167
    67 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Marilyn Monroe Photos

    But, that WAS your story, was it not?


    Beth
    "Irony is the rule"

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3