Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
brendan1414 said:
my mind is completely unboggled. lol, i wouldnt have bought it honestly, but def a good one for a woman. nice score
For 2 bucks a box, i'd of bought every darn box I could. I'll buy a box of bras and panties if I can make a dollar on them. You got me messed up, profit is profit, period.
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: I'd like to see you buying panties and bras :o :help: :tongue3:...Thanks I needed a good laugh this evening, diggummup :laughing7: .
But you're right 'profit is profit', period...and no sense in limiting yourself whether its underwear( :laughing7: ) or whatever else might sell. We've learned to have a broad outlook on things and keep an open mind--I used to just buy 'antiques' but not anymore! Its amazing what kind of things will sell on ebay :wink: .

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
You really hit a lick.

You should grab the strongest magnet off your kitchen fridge and see if it clings to any of the gold stuff. More than likely some of the clasps will cling to the magnet since they have to be made of stronger metal to hold the chain around your neck, but if it doesn't stick to the chain part that can be a good sign.

I would still get a tester kit. They are easy to use.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I didnt realize that 70's-80's stuff was worth anything. My Mom had a whole house full.

Im going to start selling on eBay again.

Thanks for posting. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
You really hit a lick.

You should grab the strongest magnet off your kitchen fridge and see if it clings to any of the gold stuff. More than likely some of the clasps will cling to the magnet since they have to be made of stronger metal to hold the chain around your neck, but if it doesn't stick to the chain part that can be a good sign.

I would still get a tester kit. They are easy to use.
Well, I just tested the gold necklace with the magnet and it didn't stick :hello2: .....Thanks for that tip, Hombre!
bigcypresshunter said:
I didnt realize that 70's-80's stuff was worth anything. My Mom had a whole house full.

Thanks for posting. :icon_thumright:
Everything seems to go thorugh cycles--People collect what they remember from their childhood, ect. For awhile the 1950's stuff was selling high, now it seems like the 60's thru the 80's is popular. But then again, you just can't tell what someone might buy.
Thanks BigCy~~

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I really didnt know that the items you posted (the first 2 posts) were collectible. I need to get back on eBay and see whats going on lol. Thanks.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
bigcypresshunter said:
I really didnt know that the items you posted (the first 2 posts) were collectible. I need to get back on eBay and see whats going on lol. Thanks.

If you get back into eBay read through all their new policies and fee changes. I cancelled my account a few months ago, things just got ridiculous. >:(

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
diggummup said:
brendan1414 said:
my mind is completely unboggled. lol, i wouldnt have bought it honestly, but def a good one for a woman. nice score
For 2 bucks a box, i'd of bought every darn box I could. I'll buy a box of bras and panties if I can make a dollar on them. You got me messed up, profit is profit, period.
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: I'd like to see you buying panties and bras :o :help: :tongue3:...Thanks I needed a good laugh this evening, diggummup :laughing7: .
But you're right 'profit is profit', period...and no sense in limiting yourself whether its underwear( :laughing7: ) or whatever else might sell. We've learned to have a broad outlook on things and keep an open mind--I used to just buy 'antiques' but not anymore! Its amazing what kind of things will sell on ebay :wink: .
Your quite welcome. :thumbsup: I figured somebody might get a kick out of that one. It's true though. You gotta keep an open mind. ;D

bigcypresshunter said:
Dale, you'd be amazed at some of the stuff that people buy off ebay.

Last edited:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
diggummup said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Im already amazed. It looks like all junk to me (besides the carpet)

No offense Sandcreek. Obviously I have much to learn.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
diggummup said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Im already amazed. It looks like all junk to me (besides the carpet)

No offense Sandcreek. Obviously I have much to learn.
No offense taken, BCH..I used to think the same thing.
I have some of these items ending today on ebay-----just sold 3 things for $70 :hello2: and have lots more to go. The Waterford vase alone brought $33.99! :headbang:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I can see the vase and maybe the Pyrex. Are those white handled utensils, juicer, Consol ashtray and napkins worth anything? My Mom had that exact white kitchen cutting board/hot tray with the fruit in the corner, or whatever it is and Corning Ware.. Mind boggling. Im happy you are making money.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
I can see the vase and maybe the Pyrex. Are those white handled utensils, juicer, Consol ashtray and napkins worth anything? My Mom had that exact white kitchen cutting board/hot tray with the fruit in the corner, or whatever it is and Corning Ware.. Mind boggling. Im happy you are making money.
The Corning Ware items are seasonal--I think I'm going to take them to my sister's junk shop. And the utensils didn't sell, but they will sell at the shop. That Consol ashtray had 2 watchers and ended without a bid :dontknow: , it will also go the the shop.
I very seldom relist an item--I kinda figure if it doesn't sell the first time around, there isn't any use in relisting.
We'll make money on these items whether its on ebay or at the shop. My sister tells me what she can get for the items at the shop and if its more that what they sell for on ebay, we just take them to the shop. Or I will list the items with a starting price like we'd get at the shop and if it doesn't sell, then its okay.
And now Ebay lets you list up to 50(or maybe 100) items a month, for free at auction. You just pay final value fees and shipping fees. So, I'm not out any listing fees.
Here's what sold today out of this stuff:
3 Madeira napkins---$9.99
Panasonic Pencil Sharperner---$15.99
Sweden Stainless Steel tray---$19.99
Waterford Crystal vase---$33.99
Irish Linen tablecloth---$19.99

bigcypresshunter said:
sandcreek4 said:
The good jewelry:
The funny face reminds me of that Hopi Indian guy with the flute, Kokopeli. :dontknow:
Yeah, I've seen that face somewhere before but I don't know where. If this piece doesn't sell, I'll put it back and add it to a scrap lot of jewelry for ebay....I did pretty good on a couple of lots like that when silver was high.
Thanks BCH :hello:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Im going to start selling real soon on eBay again. Ill use the same old account bigcypresshunter. I have some old stuff. Lots of coins. Thanks. :icon_thumright: If I have any questions, I know who to ask. ;D

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
Im going to start selling real soon on eBay again. Ill use the same old account bigcypresshunter. I have some old stuff. Lots of coins. Thanks. :icon_thumright: If I have any questions, I know who to ask. ;D
You bet :icon_thumright: , And I'll help you in any way I can when you start listing again. :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread