SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Ebay 101.

Feel free to add your own schooling...

Subject: The Buyer

Case Study: I recently sold a camera to a buyer with over 2000 100% Positive Ratings (all buyer get positives, Ebay crap). A few minor requests had me wondering, "Please send to this address... and put this ref. # right next to my name. Also, please insure Item is extra packaged." Not game changer questions, but enough for me to take a look at his Feedback. Sure enough great feedback from others, but 5 of last 10 he left were Negative! Sellers comment were thankfully very detailed, this was not a good buyer.

Outcome: Issued refund, sent message and requested cancelation.

Final Recommendation: Regardless of their Feedback Rating, take the time to visit the buyers Feedback Summary and look up Feedback Left For Other.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
SEANO said:
Ebay 101.

Feel free to add your own schooling...

Subject: The Buyer

Case Study: I recently sold a camera to a buyer with over 2000 100% Positive Ratings (all buyer get positives, Ebay crap). A few minor requests had me wondering, "Please send to this address... and put this ref. # right next to my name. Also, please insure Item is extra packaged." Not game changer questions, but enough for me to take a look at his Feedback. Sure enough great feedback from others, but 5 of last 10 he left were Negative! Sellers comment were thankfully very detailed, this was not a good buyer.

Outcome: Issued refund, sent message and requested cancelation.

Final Recommendation: Regardless of their Feedback Rating, take the time to visit the buyers Feedback Summary and look up Feedback Left For Other.

Excellent point. I noticed that now too. They get a "positive" feedback with stuff like, "Complete scammer do not do business with!" So now I take the time to read at least a few pages of feedback.

I also read the the feedback they leaves others. Some people are like that, you can never please them or they just want a discount for fictional reasons. So I read the feedback they leave for others and if there is a lot of negs I say thanks but no thanks.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, i'll check out the feedback left for others too just to see if they actually leave feedback for sellers to start with. What I don't like is that as a seller, you can't leave neg. fb to a buyer, so your forced to leave a positive, but with a negative comment, which I have done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread