Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Auctions I list for 7 days. I like to use buy it now for electronics, fees are 7% of the first $50 and 5% after that. Works out cheaper than the auction final value fee and I can usually get my money for it sooner.

cpendola

Jan 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ditto on 7 days. Best from Sunday to Sunday. Been selling for 7 yrs. :icon_thumright:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do the same as cpendola, but I list on Mon. and Tues. sometimes also, starting/ending at 10pm EST. I use fixed price BIN for some items, nothing collectible though.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been on ebay for a few years now and all mine are 7 days.....

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been selling for 13 years now and 7 is the magic number. I do 10 days on rare items but those are few and far between. If I have multiples of an item, find an average price and undercut it by a little and list it as a BIN.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
I see no one posted how to save you tons of money yet... I seen this in another post but don't feel like wading thru all the post to find it... anyways when you go to list your ebay item DO NOT USE EBAY AUCTION FORM.. Use www.use.com it is 100% free an don't need to sign up to use.. I tried it with a auction of mine an it only cost me thru ebay 35 cents with 8 pictures.

Ps if someone else can explain this better please do I am not good at explaining things...

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
I see no one posted how to save you tons of money yet... I seen this in another post but don't feel like wading thru all the post to find it... anyways when you go to list your ebay item DO NOT USE EBAY AUCTION FORM.. Use www.use.com it is 100% free an don't need to sign up to use.. I tried it with a auction of mine an it only cost me thru ebay 35 cents with 8 pictures.

Ps if someone else can explain this better please do I am not good at explaining things...

Sometimes, depending on what you are listing, ebaY will let you list all 12 pics for free but most of the time it will cost you extra for any more than 1. The way to get around this is to upload your images to a site such as the one you posted and cheat them into your listing with some simple HTML tags. The photos show up in the body of the auction and it looks a lot more attractive. :icon_thumright:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WIT said:
creeper71 said:

Sometimes, depending on what you are listing, ebaY will let you list all 12 pics for free but most of the time it will cost you extra for any more than 1. The way to get around this is to upload your images to a site such as the one you posted and cheat them into your listing with some simple HTML tags. The photos show up in the body of the auction and it looks a lot more attractive. :icon_thumright:
Although the free templates are a big plus too when using USE.com, for those who may not know yet...

Posted February 28th, 2012 at 7:58 AM:
Starting in July, all sellers get FREE pictures—12 per listing—including free zoom and enlarge. Lots of great pictures translate to more sales, so get ready to load up!

All updates coming, some good some not so good- http://announcements.ebay.com/2012/02/2012-spring-seller-update/

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
diggummup said:
WIT said:
creeper71 said:

Although the free templates are a big plus too when using USE.com, for those who may not know yet...

Starting in July, all sellers get FREE pictures—12 per listing—including free zoom and enlarge. Lots of great pictures translate to more sales, so get ready to load up!

All updates coming, some good some not so good- http://announcements.ebay.com/2012/02/2012-spring-seller-update/
I didn't see this could you post the link so I can read? thanks

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
7 days is all i use, Saturday or Sunday.
i have been using use.com for about 6 months, it looks nice and it's nice to be able to make the listings through out the week and list them when i want.
recently have been having issues with use.
i have all my saved templates ready to go and when i list them on ebay it shows the small pictures that you can click on at the bottom of the listing.
problem is it's showing every picture i have for the other listings.
until i can get this fixed, i will just be using the ebay picture loader.
any idea why it would do that?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
diggummup said:
WIT said:
creeper71 said:

That is the link. What do you mean?

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
diggummup said:
creeper71 said:
diggummup said:
WIT said:
creeper71 said:

I just woke up when I wrote that... I didn;'t see the link..Sorry digs

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
diggummup said:
creeper71 said:
diggummup said:
WIT said:
creeper71 said:

Got up a little late for a Saturday didn't ya? No gs'ing yesterday?

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
diggummup said:
creeper71 said:
diggummup said:
creeper71 said:
diggummup said:
WIT said:
creeper71 said:

Got up a little late for a Saturday didn't ya? No gs'ing yesterday?
No sales I had to work missed a big sale with 146 dealers I was p'd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread