jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to another townwide yard sale this Saturday. This time it was in a wealthy neighborhood with lots of "old money". Picked:

-(4) 1970 proof sets - $5 each
-1968 proof set - $5
-bag of misc foreign coins - free/included with purchase of the proof sets
-postcards and 1st issue stamps - $3
-(4) old pens - $5 each
-art deco "bridge style" cast iron/brass lamp - $8
-box of insulated copper wire (romex) - $1
-"The Beer Stein Book" price guide and pictorial guide book - $2 (for a friend)
-mixer plus 2 extra bowls plus bonus stainless kitchenaid mixing bowl - $4 (for a friend)
-carving set fork only with sterling handle - 50 cents

The results:
The proof sets all have 40% silver half dollars. The bag of foreign coins turns out to have $30 in silver coins plus a WWI German medal and even 57 cents in US pocket change. The postcards had a few $10 cards in the lot. The lamp is in perfect condition and looks very similar to a lamp I bought in December. The real winner of the day were the pens. There is a Parker Vacumatic Maxima, a Parkette Deluxe, a Waterman's, and an Eversharp with a gold filled cap. 2 of the pens have marked 14K nibs. I dont know much of pens but looking on ebay, I can see that the Maxima should fetch upwards of $250.

Overall a fantastic weekend!

Attachments

• wealth.jpg
    wealth.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 171

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a pile of my goodies! :thumbsup: Good eye on the vintage pens, always a favorite, just hard to find them.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your wealthy neighborhoods are far greater than mine, that's for sure! All I see is really cheap made in China garbage that they overpaid for at expensive shops. I never see actual quality. The middle class around here is where the good stuff seems to be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread